User Avatar Image

Clementine Not So Smart?

posted by Elron on - last edited - Viewed by 5.3K users
I found it funny that in the beginning of the game, Clementine tells us that she is eight years old, but later (on the farm), she mentions she is in first grade. Guess she's not too bright because most first graders are six, and a few are seven. She must have been held back.
96 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • CapnJay;613737 said:
    Queen Clem was held back a year do to blatant racism against Asian/African Americans in Georgia. I smell a Conspiracy!

Or She might have been sick for a while that dress she wears looks like the same thing sickly girls in horror movies wear
    or her family moves around often :)
  • Vold;613781 said:
    or her family moves around often :)
    True enough
  • CapnJay;613836 said:
    True enough
    moves around to do their medical research ;)
  • Vold;613846 said:
    moves around to do their medical research ;)
    dun dun duunnnnn
  • Yeah there's def somethin fishy about her parents. I doubt we'll ever know tho

Kirkman doesn't reveal the cause of his zombie apocalypse, nor the specifics of how or why the virus works exactly. The show talks about the basic brain function but I don't think it mentions what kind of virus it is either.

Would def be interesting if some of that news breaks in the game tho! Maybe her parents worked for the CDC
  • ADavidson;613990 said:
    Yeah there's def somethin fishy about her parents. I doubt we'll ever know tho

Kirkman doesn't reveal the cause of his zombie apocalypse, nor the specifics of how or why the virus works exactly. The show talks about the basic brain function but I don't think it mentions what kind of virus it is either.

Would def be interesting if some of that news breaks in the game tho! Maybe her parents worked for the CDC
    well maybe we will find out as the plot progresses. Heck maybe the Dev's taking all our opinions and thoughts into account and sifting the gold
  • Irishmile;604638 said:
    its not uncommon for parents to start their kids late for different reasons..
    My wife and I started my son late because he was so tiny.. and now he is a full year older then all his classmates... (still smaller than them too even with him being a year older)

That said he WAS still just 7 when he was a first grader... While I am talking about my kid.. he just tested in the top 10% in our state for reading and math.. and our state has the second highest scores in the country.. so my 3rd grader is probably smarter than I am LOL.... so proud.
    Whoa, that looks like me! I was also small all growing up, until 10th grade where I hit a 1 foot growth spurt. So he's got that to look forward to!

I was also 8 in first grade, due to having a summer birthday. I wasn't old enough by a certain date required to start kindegarten so had to wait a year.

You could also end up being 8 in the first grade if you started at 7 and had your birthday anywhere between august-may. In fact, it could even be the summer and Clem would still say she's in first grade despite the fact that she has completed the year. Kids don't always understand abstract things like titles.
  • Yeah if the game takes place between march and june that makes sense. Like I said, I was born in October so I was 7 when I entered 1st grade then turned 8
  • I would say that she had to wait the extra year because her birthday fell after the school cut off date just like my nieces and nephews here in the uk
  • How about this as an idea to clear up the entire conspiracy. The game creators are all young urban professionals with no children of their own and therefore they have no idea how old a kid in 1st grade should be. You all read way too much into this stuff. Geez, it's a game for gawds sake.
This discussion has been closed.