User Avatar Image

Clementine Not So Smart?

posted by Elron on - last edited - Viewed by 5.1K users
I found it funny that in the beginning of the game, Clementine tells us that she is eight years old, but later (on the farm), she mentions she is in first grade. Guess she's not too bright because most first graders are six, and a few are seven. She must have been held back.
96 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • divisionten;614840 said:
    Point well taken. Topic!

Clem IS crazy smart, and I think that it was summer break, meaning that she had already finished 1st grade but not yet reached 2nd, making hr being 8 seem less strange.
    Answer phone message said we will be back before spring break:)
  • Just because Clem is of a certain age and in a particular grade that may or may not be average, has no bearing on her intelligence. Children get held back all the time, and some of them are simply misunderstood. If she were above average intelligence, she could easily be bored by the school subjects and not really pay attention nor care about completing the work. Many teachers would have her held back due to, "Lack of performance."
  • WabbitTwaks;615246 said:
    Just because Clem is of a certain age and in a particular grade that may or may not be average, has no bearing on her intelligence. Children get held back all the time, and some of them are simply misunderstood. If she were above average intelligence, she could easily be bored by the school subjects and not really pay attention nor care about completing the work. Many teachers would have her held back due to, "Lack of performance."
    and yet there are kids who are in the news who are geniuses before first grade.. autism can be a cause of high intelligence or it's in the dna of the parents which when merged form a normal but still high iq / young protege's of incredible talents.
  • You know how genius smart kids usually don't do well in school?
    I believe this to be the case.
  • I completely missed my first and second years at school due to disability. so maybe clemintine had a disability or was ill and missed starting school.
  • I dont like her in the game. Every time its dangerous you see another zombie after her and Lee goes to save her.
  • Pulse;615408 said:
    I dont like her in the game. Every time its dangerous you see another zombie after her and Lee goes to save her.
    seriously ?

i can understand people not liking duck/larry but queen clem ?

you sir have just opened a can of worms
  • Milosuperspesh;615417 said:
    seriously ?

i can understand people not liking duck/larry but queen clem ?

you sir have just opened a can of worms
    I shall fetch the bucket of soapy frogs
  • CapnJay;615441 said:
    I shall fetch the bucket of soapy frogs
    and caligula's paddle for lt madame terresa
  • Milosuperspesh;615458 said:
    and caligula's paddle for lt madame terresa
    *holds hands out fingers pointed down and wiggles them* Boys from the Dwarf!
This discussion has been closed.