User Avatar Image

Episode release dates

posted by Lucatheking on - last edited - Viewed by 3K users
Episode 2: Starved for Help - May 30th, 2012
Episode 3: Long Road Ahead - June 25th, 2012
Episode 4: Around Every Corner - July 27th, 2012
Episode 5: No Time Left - August 29th, 2012

These are the release dates from the official walking dead wiki

However i am not to pleased with one coming out every month i would much prefer one every 2 weeks what are your thoughts ?
57 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Can´t come soon enough!

    I love the new things TTG has implemented in their games and now story effective choices, that's absolutely brilliant!
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Please note that there are no official release dates for the episodes until you've heard them from a Telltale official... although Steam's "guesses" seem to be rather accurate these last games. The Walking Dead wiki, however, is not a good source for this kind of info (not that I wasn't impressed with how fast these guys incorporated detailed game info after release. Stunning, I say).

    Long-term fans of Telltale have argued for a LONGER period between episodes actually. They often felt that some episodes of former games felt "rushed" and they really wanted to give Telltale the time to finish and perfect their releases.
  • Telltale never announced these dates. Don't believe a date unless it is said from Telltale themselves.
  • Gman5852;605392 said:
    Telltale never announced these dates. Don't believe a date unless it is said from Telltale themselves.
    And take that with a pinch of salt ;)
  • Lucatheking;605378 said:
    However i am not to pleased with one coming out every month i would much prefer one every 2 weeks what are your thoughts ?
    Since the next episode will not be finished in two weeks I'd rather wait then playing an unfinished game ;)

    Seriously: one month wait is absolutely normal when ordering a TTG season. I like it that way and hagve no problems with waiting a little (every end of the month is like christmas that way :)).
  • toothiersnow;605401 said:
    And take that with a pinch of salt ;)
    Well it was because of their build failing, we have the build right now.

    That's not to say the website won't crash for 3 days:p
  • Lucatheking;605378 said:
    However i am not to pleased with one coming out every month i would much prefer one every 2 weeks what are your thoughts ?
    People complain about episodes being too rushed out as it is. I don't even want to think of what an episode made in two weeks would look like.
  • Wow you people realise that the whole series is complete already.... games are completed 3 or 4 maybe more months before they are released because they have to be tested and the age verification has to be put on. i know this because i took a 2 year games course in college. So the game is complete which means they good bring them out every 2 weeks and everybody would be happy :D and those release dates are on a number on websites so they are pretty much correct
  • Lucatheking;605457 said:
    Wow you people realise that the whole series is complete already.... games are completed 3 or 4 maybe more months before they are released because they have to be tested and the age verification has to be put on. i know this because i took a 2 year games course in college. So the game is complete which means they good bring them out every 2 weeks and everybody would be happy :D and those release dates are on a number on websites so they are pretty much correct
    Telltale don't do things traditionally. There games usually aren't completed until the day OF release(see Puzzle Agent).

    And the release date thing has happened loads of times with many websites, unless telltale themselves say it, don't believe it.
  • lol wow, im sorry friend you are wrong, you think a gaming company would finish a game a day before the release.... are you mad, they have to do it months in advance trust me
This discussion has been closed.