User Avatar Image

Curse of Monkey Island Special Edition

posted by Noname215 on - last edited - Viewed by 12.6K users
I would kill to see this made. Who is with me?
82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • coolsome;783576 said:
    It was powered by the voodoo lava of Big Whoop.
    Either that or vindaloo bottom lava.
  • I'm wondering how a talk about seeing Curse of MI remade has turned into everyone giving their theories on how the monkey head robot works :/
  • ryannumber1gamer;783605 said:
    I'm wondering how a talk about seeing Curse of MI remade has turned into everyone giving their theories on how the monkey head robot works :/
    The natural progression of conversation I guess.
  • Hmm... I wonder how a Kickstarter to buy the Monkey Island license would go...
  • Alcoremortis;783703 said:
    Hmm... I wonder how a Kickstarter to buy the Monkey Island license would go...
    Sadly, not very well at all I would imagine. There are far too many legal issues for it to be a reasonable proposition.
  • It is almost 2014 now... We have seen tons of other games originally released in the early 2000's - so after Curse of MI - and are now re-released for PCs and consoles with less upgrades than what Curse of MI needs to fit today. I would give it more time. Given it's success back in the days, I do not think it is impossible. HD remake doesn't mean convert to 3D. I just don't know if the orginal resolution of drawings and animation can be restored for1080p, if not, I know how much work this means and I get it if LA finds it too expansive and time consuming to do this now.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

In reply to farfadette150

It is almost 2014 now... link

LucasArts is a license-lending entity exclusively now after Disney fired the entire staff... :(

• In reply to Vainamoinen

LucasArts is a license-lending entity exclusively now after Disney fired the entire staff... :( link

Shame they still don't license out any of the properties we care about

• In reply to Vainamoinen

LucasArts is a license-lending entity exclusively now after Disney fired the entire staff... :( link

Son of a bitch, I was really looking forward to Star Wars: 1313!

• I loved this game and I still do.

I think Disney's plan is to just milk the Star Wars franchise.
    If they even considered a Special Edition Curse of Monkey Island I would have massive respect for them but I don't quite see it :(

Add Comment