User Avatar Image

Should this game be cancelled?

posted by Anakin Skywalker on - last edited - Viewed by 3.6K users
Be honest, fan groups and their groupies. Should KQ stay dead unless a fan group gets it? Should TT's game be cancelled?
78 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • No to fan groups getting the game.... no more black cloak conspiracies, thank you.

No to cancelling... Having another KQ to play should be fun or at least entertaining (if it turns out to be more like a movie than a game)... Even if it pales to the originals...

I don't get the 'stay dead' mentality. It shouldn't matter what comes out to those crowd, because it should still be considered 'dead' to them if the new one doesn't turn out the way they want it... they still have the old ones to play.
  • Jesus, dude, really? I love you man, but you're a serious reactionary.

Bt
  • Blackthorne519;611861 said:
    Jesus, dude, really? I love you man, but you're a serious reactionary.

Bt
    Yeah I should've thought before making the thread. Got caught up and angry.
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    Anakin Skywalker;611869 said:
    Yeah I should've thought before making the thread. Got caught up and angry.
    I can close it if you like. I have no problem leaving it open though.
  • Since we really know nothing about the game its too early for anyone to say the game is going to suck..

fan games are great but I am really looking forward to a professional official game.
  • This has nothing to do with fangame creators and their "groupies" and I resent your constant insinuations in the matter.
  • I can't think of any reason to suggest something be cancelled before anything is even known about it. I'd even rather see a noble failure than endless Internet speculation on what never was.

And if there's one thing Telltale has demonstrated consistently, it's that they work really hard to make sure their games "get" the licensed properties they work with. King's Quest may be a less natural fit than Monkey Island, but I'm sure all the stuff we're debating here is also being considered by the Telltale team.
  • Well, I hope so - but honestly, my faith is wavering. That is all.

Bt
  • It's not a matter of faith, it's a matter of evidence. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But we've seen no character designs, no plot ideas, NOTHING of substance. I'm willing to reserve judgment until we have something to really base an opinion on.

I'm not a huge King's Quest fan, though I've played I-VII (and visited Serenia in Roberta's earlier "The Wizard and the Princess"), so I'm just looking for something to make me excited about returning to that universe.
  • Hahahaha....Notice that no members of the fan groups in question have actually voted in this silly poll. Just sayin'.
Add Comment