User Avatar Image

Can't buy the Season 1 Collection for love or money

posted by CodSlap on - last edited - Viewed by 864 users
Hiya,

I tried browsing through the forums, but I didn't bump into any threads about the subject, so I'll be making my own. I've been waiting for all the episodes of S&M to come out, and now that they have, I decided to buy the whole Season, being an avid fan of adventure games all the way from the 80's.

Now, whenever I log into the TellTale Store, put the Season 1 in my cart, fill in all the information required, choose the payment option and click "proceed", I get this:

This happens on all the browsers I've tried (FFox, Opera) and on both PayPal and Visa as the payment method. I've been at this for a week now, on and off, so I'm starting to rule out TTG server errors as a probable cause.

So, long question put short:

1.) Has this happened before to anyone? :confused:
2.) What do I do to rect the situation? :cool:
3.) --and what's the address of the cute girl in TTG marketing I need to give head to to able to download the game? (Also, USD 34.95 offered) :p

Thanks a bunch. :D

-I
15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yes, another forum poster reported problems recently with purchasing it online. Jake or Emily (TellTale employees) should be on sometime shortly to be able to help with that. : /
  • It's......the GRIM!
  • Grim? Grim Reaper? I don't get the joke. : /
  • Ah, good to know I'm not alone. Thanks guys. :) Anyone from TellTale is free to drop me a line in my e-mail or alternatively I'll check back to this thread.
  • I think they have the weekends off, but they seem to be around a lot anyway so it shouldn't be very long. :)
  • Hmm... did you actually TRY love? We know how innovative the folks at Telltale can be :p
  • The help forum probably would be better for this
  • Sorry I didn't see this sooner... missed it in the discussion forum.

That error is definitely a result of a server problem on Digital River's side (our ecommerce provider). We haven't been overrun with complaints so it's probably fixed now.

Could you try it again now and let us know if it's working?
    3.) --and what's the address of the cute girl in TTG marketing I need to give head to to able to download the game? (Also, USD 34.95 offered)
    I have no idea how to respond to this...
  • I was going to let you respond to that first, he he. ;)
  • There was a support forum as well? O_o Darn, no need to be sorry then, that fact somehow completely slipped by me, my bad. In any case, I'm in no particular hurry, so no harm done. :)
    Emily;33239 said:
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner... missed it in the discussion forum.

That error is definitely a result of a server problem on Digital River's side (our ecommerce provider). We haven't been overrun with complaints so it's probably fixed now.

Could you try it again now and let us know if it's working?
    Interesting. I'd think that the error remains if nothing has been done to it so far, but then again, I'm on a different computer right now, so I'll give it a go. :)
    I have no idea how to respond to this...
    Heehee, sorry for that, but I recommend you simply take it as a compliment. Just a wee bit of bad Finnish humour. ^^ ...and there usually is at least that one cute girl in Marketing. :D
This discussion has been closed.