User Avatar Image

I thought I should bring this to my attention...

posted by Debbie82 on - last edited - Viewed by 550 users
...but it seems to me that the World of Monkey Island Forums hasn't been used for nearly a week now. It looks like it's been abandoned. I feel so sad. :(
17 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It's probably just time for the whole site to go back into hibernation, until LucasArts screws their heads back on right and allows for Tales 2.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Tales 2...

...I'd like that. :)
  • Gibbeynator;630966 said:
    It's probably just time for the whole site to go back into hibernation, until LucasArts screws their heads back on right and allows for Tales 2.

Let's worry about the next couple of Ice Ages first, okay?:mad:
  • Another thread about another forum.....
  • It's dead because LucasArts are doing nothing but Star Wars games again, meaning the Monkey island franchise is basically dead in the water (heh, I made a funny). No Monkey Island news means a site based around Monkey Island has nothing to talk about, hence the inactivity.
  • Yeah, I've been trying to keep it on life support for a while now, but the place is just... dead... maybe I should just close it down altogether. I'll post a thread there soon asking all the active members (read: two or three) to vote on that.

Meanwhile, I think I'm going to start coming here more often again.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    You can only maintain fandom for so long. The ToMI forums are hardly frequented in here also. And some great people (like Jen Kollic, DAMN!!) have literally stopped posting for the lack of ToMI news. Years and years between installments of a franchise can be a good thing sometimes, but it sucks when all those fans just dive away.

They'll be back though as soon as LA or TTG or whoever makes a new Monkey Island. That is for certain.
  • Vainamoinen;632389 said:
    They'll be back though as soon as LA or TTG or whoever makes a new Monkey Island.
    True enough, but I fear that moment may never come... of course, we thought that before Tales came out too...

But when more work goes into deleting spam, preventing spambots from signing up and making backups than actually supporting an active community, maybe it's time to stop. Or at least to put the whole thing on hiatus.
  • Any way to pivot the forum to focus onto the general adventure genre?
Add Comment