User Avatar Image

TWD Season 2 speculation/suggestion (merged threads)

posted by Yusuf Koroma on - last edited - Viewed by 38.9K users
In the coming months, Telltale Games will release three more episodes of their adventure game The Walking Dead. They won't stop there, though. Telltale marketing executive Steve Allison said that they will create a second season eventually as well.

"Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do," Allison told Polygon.

The Walking Dead has been a huge critical and commercial success for Telltale. The first episode, "A New Day," sold almost 1.7 million copies in its first two months. It's said to be the company's fastest-selling game ever.

The game starts before the events of the Walking Dead show and comic. Lee Everett, a man convicted of murder, has been unexpectedly free as a zombie outbreak sweeps the globe. He and a small group of survivors band together in order to stay alive. As Lee, players must endure zombie attacks as well as internal strife among the survivors.

It's not clear whether the second season of the game will be a direct continuation of the first season. They might just decide to tell a new story with a completely different cast of characters. I'd be happy with either. The writing for these games has proven top-notch so I have faith that Telltale could craft another compelling set of survivors for us to follow.

Episode 3 of Walking Dead will be available in August. "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

www.cinemablend.com/games/Walking-Dead-Game-Season-Two-Confirmed-44364.html
1.2K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    FreddeN93 BANNED

In reply to SomeZombie

Why do you want to play as a character that you know things about hes nature and you need to play with hes code of nature? it's not better to play as a brand new character that you can build? link

Me personally want to play a character we already have seen in the first season. Especially someone Clementine is emotionally drawn to. In that case, it's Omid or Christa.

• In reply to FreddeN93

Me personally want to play a character we already have seen in the first season. Especially someone Clementine is emotionally drawn to. In that case, it's Omid or Christa. link

But it's not to play as a new character, you build a brand new character, and puts you're nature in it. but when you play a character we already have seen, and know, its diffrent.

if we cant have the Lee, i want Lee 2.

• In reply to SomeZombie

But it's not to play as a new character, you build a brand new character, and puts you're nature in it. but when you play a character we already have seen, and know, its diffrent. link

I agree. Omid is a known character and his personality is already set (basically 'comical relief and side-kick'); Lee on the other hand was as all player characters should be an unwritten page, ready to be formed by the player.

• Since it's likely that Telltale is not going to use a known character as the main character at the risk of ruining their characterization in Season 1, we'll either be seeing a new character or be playing as one of the 400 Days characters.

• I'm starting to wonder if the dearth of news about season 2 is because Telltale has yet to figure out who the new PC will be. On the other hand, they couldn't possibly be still trying to choose this late in the year...could they?

• User Avatar Image
    FreddeN93 BANNED

In reply to Robert Morgan

I'm starting to wonder if the dearth of news about season 2 is because Telltale has yet to figure out who the new PC will be. link

I wouldn't think so. Q4 is just around the corner. My guess is they're just taking time, making sure it's 101% legit before announcing anything. Season One was full with bugs and glitches.

• Season 2 was planned once Season 1 was successful enough. If Telltale took this long to figure out who the next protagonist would be, then that would be a very amateur move.

It's likely they have finished Episode 1 (and is getting ready for the next episode) and is testing for any problems before it reaches gold status.

• User Avatar Image
    FreddeN93 BANNED

Here-here. I remember Telltale making a statement about the first episode in Season Two "starting to take shape" during Comic-Con 2013. That was a while ago. They're probably done with the first episode, but performing tests and getting the second episode ready for development.

• In reply to RichWalk23

Since it's likely that Telltale is not going to use a known character as the main character at the risk of ruining their characterization in Season 1, we'll either be seeing a new character or be… link

I believe that's the most likely route they'll take for season 2 but do you believe they should stick close to the story ark of season 1 or start fresh. I've finished season 1 and 400 days (which was a fresh direction) and I don't care for new characters as I need some resolution to season 1. As far as I'm concerned they can start fresh with a season 3.

• User Avatar Image
    FreddeN93 BANNED

I heard Season Two will be closer to the TV-series. For the love of god Telltale hear me out. Don't turn the Clementine we know into a jackass like Carl. I want to take care of that shy, reserved, and smart little girl. I don't mind if you advance her age a year at max, and maybe make her a little more confident. But The Walking Dead will not be the same without the Clementine we once knew.

Clementine is the only child in a video game I actually want to protect.

This discussion has been closed.