User Avatar Image

What are you currently reading?

posted by Zeruis on - last edited - Viewed by 965 users
Yeah, I know. There are actually people who read these days.:roll eyes:

I am re-reading The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay, as well as A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. What are you currently reading at the moment?
43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Seriously I haven't read much of anything other than textbooks for the last few years, should try and start reading for leisure again.
  • The Complete Stories by Edgar Allan Poe... I'm on page 908 of 955, whew, almost done. Took me long enough though. And according to Goodreads I'm also reading Pratchett's Lords and Ladies, but it's been a while since I touched that. I think I might return to Discworld after finishing Poe. And then I've got a bunch of thick books that I still want to read...

Incidentally, if anyone of you are on Goodreads too, maybe it's fun to connect there. Here's my profile: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5625307.Jan_Jacob_Mekes
  • Haggis;639225 said:
    The Complete Stories by Edgar Allan Poe... I'm on page 908 of 955, whew, almost done. Took me long enough though. And according to Goodreads I'm also reading Pratchett's Lords and Ladies, but it's been a while since I touched that. I think I might return to Discworld after finishing Poe. And then I've got a bunch of thick books that I still want to read...

Incidentally, if anyone of you are on Goodreads too, maybe it's fun to connect there. Here's my profile: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5625307.Jan_Jacob_Mekes
    One of my favorite gothic authors. The telltale heart was amazing.
  • I quite liked The Murders in the Rue Morgue, but then I've always been partial to detective stories. I also like his longer work, like The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym, and The Gold-Bug. But it's hard to pick a favourite, he really was a brilliant writer.
  • I'm reading a book about optimizing SQL Server 2005. Because "Upgrade to a newer version of SQL Server" doesn't seem to be an option.

Oh, for pleasure, you mean? Well, I don't get as much time for that kind of reading, so I choose books that can be easily stopped for extended periods and then resumed months later. There are currently various versions of memoirs written by 20-somethings who think they've lived long enough to write memoirs that fit this pattern, so I've got some of those in the queue.
  • This Pathfinder manual. I seem to spend a lot of my time reading rulebooks.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    I've been reading Rogue Leaders: The Story of LucasArts. There's some really interesting stuff in there, and I love the stuff in there about the cancelled games (plus there's some cancelled games in there I've never even heard of). It's a great read (and you have to love the concept art and storyboards). :)
  • DAISHI;640387 said:
    The Bible.
    Oh yes, forgot to mention I read that every day.
  • Misery by Stephen King. Good so far.
Add Comment