User Avatar Image

What are you currently reading?

posted by Zeruis on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users
Yeah, I know. There are actually people who read these days.:roll eyes:

I am re-reading The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay, as well as A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. What are you currently reading at the moment?
43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The guy in the story is a loser and a spoiled brat, and in no way some James Dean character, this guy is just freakin’ stupid. He is a social reject, so he rejects society back. And he’s a total douchebag to himself, other people, and his own family. I hate the character, and I hate the book.
  • I always thought the point of the book was the character can't get over the fact that other people are dishonest, that they are not always the people they purport themselves to be... but then at the same time you see that he, himself, is just like them.

He slowly seems to realize this over the course of the book, which is what, I think, leads to his mental breakdown.

I might be wrong about this. It's been eight years since I read that book.
  • I now feel the need to kill John Lennon. Strange.
  • I always thought the point of the book was the character can't get over the fact that other people are dishonest, that they are not always the people they purport themselves to be... but then at the same time you see that he, himself, is just like them.

He slowly seems to realize this over the course of the book, which is what, I think, leads to his mental breakdown.

I might be wrong about this. It's been eight years since I read that book.

Cool. I don't have to read it now.
  • The Memetic Message. A biological hypothesis concerning Information Theory, as an alternative view of evolution, considering evolution's tendency to reduce information rather than create it and thus requiring primordial ancestors to have been front loaded with data to diversify into the species we know.
  • der_ketzer wrote: »
    I now feel the need to kill John Lennon. Strange.

So did I. That was in 1980.
  • I finished Lords and Ladies (not one of Pratchett's better efforts, I have to say) and have now gone on to read Animal Farm and re-read 1984.
  • The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker and a short story collection called Black Heart Magazine Presents Noir
  • TV Tropes. I can't stop. Someone please help me.
  • TV Tropes. I can't stop. Someone please help me.

There is no helping you. Your only hope is that you get too exhausted to continue reading, bookmark all of the trope tabs you have open, then forget to go back to them later.
Add Comment