User Avatar Image

Sam & Max Season One retail box is up on Amazon

posted by Jake Telltale Alumni on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users
I first noticed this over at Mixnmojo, but Amazon has put up the final box for The Adventure Company's upcoming retail release of Season One. It turned out nice!

They put a good amount of work and effort into it, and I think it shows. The front of the box opens up to a 3 panel fold-out which gives a brief (but very classy) visual overview of the last 20 years of Sam & Max, and is littered with press quotes and a sprinkling of awards. There's a decent-length (black and white) manual, and (from what I've been told, at least), the game will come in a jewel case instead of a paper sleeve, with the manual tucked inside as well. (And there's also the fold-out poster, and bonus disc which contains their behind the scenes featurette video, trailers, and other goodies)

Edit: And yes, before people ask, in addition to online retailers like Amazon, the game is definitely going to be in brick and mortar stores across North America, on the expected release date. We should have more on where you'll be able to walk in and pick up a copy soon.
36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Emily Telltale Alumni
    It seems odd that Steve would want it to be a limited edition. Doesn't he make money off of every sale from that book?
    I don't think it has anything to do with money. He just likes to cycle merchandise in and out. You have to admit, knowing that it won't be around forever makes it that much more special when you buy one...
  • True. Can't argue with that. *eyes his complete collection of various Happy Meal toys series*
  • See thats why I must have every item of sam and max merchandise thats in existence :p
  • Emily;34994 said:
    I don't think it has anything to do with money. He just likes to cycle merchandise in and out. You have to admit, knowing that it won't be around forever makes it that much more special when you buy one...
    Meaning he goes the Disney way?
  • DrakeFox;35002 said:
    Meaning he goes the Disney way?
    The OLD Disney way. The new Disney way is all about cheap sequels to get a fast buck, all the while ruining beloved franchises that made the company what it was. Case and point: Cinderella 3
  • Ah, indeed you're right Zeek. Happy to have been proven wrong and I apologize for my statement, should poor Steve be reading this.
  • User Avatar Image
    Mel
    Zeek;35005 said:
    The OLD Disney way. The new Disney way is all about cheap sequels to get a fast buck, all the while ruining beloved franchises that made the company what it was. Case and point: Cinderella 3
    Off topic:
    I just read an article talking about that very thing. :)

the european version is almost idetical
    im wondering who jowood are (publisher?) and what else they have done
  • User Avatar Image
    Emily Telltale Alumni
    As of a few months ago when JoWood bought The Adventure Company, they are handling all European publishing of TAC games.
  • JoWood have published a deal of games. The ones I've played have varied a lot from being a bit boring to being great.

Quick runthrough of the backs of my boxes reveal games like Silent storm, Arx Fatalis and Future Tactics. Believe there might be a bunch more where I can't find the logo readily on the backs. Furthermore I think that they once published Jagged Alliance 2. Got the Unfinished business which I'm fairly certain were published by JoWood, but having gotten hold of JA2:Gold I gave away unfinished business to get someone else hooked on the game.

In general their games tend to be the not blockbusters, but worthwhile in their own way games.
Add Comment