What would be the best way for telltale send off duck?

edited July 2012 in The Walking Dead
Duck and Clem are off playing in the woods and are attacked by walkers. Duck and Clem get split up. Duck not paying attention to where he is going, runs off a small cliff into a pond. Kenny and the group hear the commotion and find Duck drowning in the pond. Kenny jumps in the water to try and save him but it's too late. While Kenny is bringing duck's dead body to the shore Duck turns into a walker himself and bits Kenny on the shoulder. Both Kenny ends up drowning in the pond after he gets bit by his son, b/c he can't stand the thought of letting him go.
«1

Comments

  • edited July 2012
    Lee walks up to duck puts a dessert eagle in his mouth and goes "Never go full retard" then shoots duck.
  • edited July 2012
    ruairi46 wrote: »
    Lee walks up to duck puts a dessert eagle in his mouth and goes "Never go full retard" then shoots duck.

    Pure genius
  • edited July 2012
    After the tractor incident, I kinda had this picture of Duck going out like Lennie Small from "Of Mice and Men".

    "And I can ride the tractor! I can be the fore-", insert gunshot to the back of the head.

    Soooo going to hell. :p
  • edited July 2012
    ^^*Carl from sling blade voice* I recon you art not do that to him. He Just a boy.
  • edited July 2012
    ruairi46 wrote: »
    Lee walks up to duck puts a dessert eagle in his mouth and goes "Never go full retard" then shoots duck.

    A little off subject but did Billy Bob Thornton go full retard on Slingblade?
  • edited July 2012
    Mr._Wok wrote: »
    A little off subject but did Billy Bob Thornton go full retard on Slingblade?

    Never watched it so can't comment.

    Rommel49 that would be good.
  • edited July 2012
    Rommel49 wrote: »
    After the tractor incident, I kinda had this picture of Duck going out like Lennie Small from "Of Mice and Men".

    "And I can ride the tractor! I can be the fore-", insert gunshot to the back of the head.

    Soooo going to hell. :p

    You are named after a nazi general. Neckshots go around.
    What can we expect?
  • edited July 2012
    i say go an american beauty style everything is fine duck is happily ignorant to a walker or a bandit or nut job with a gun and while he is either playing with clem or eating or even helping out lee.

    we see wide shot that shows blood splattering on a wall and his head falls with the look of content fixed as his eyes stare in out at the player...
  • edited July 2012
    Kenny goes to kill clementine because he thinks she's infected {it's just a cold/pneumonia] Duck shoots kenny in the face. Then after realizing what he's done commits suicide.
  • edited July 2012
    CapnJay wrote: »
    Kenny goes to kill clementine because he thinks she's infected {it's just a cold/pneumonia] Duck shoots kenny in the face. Then after realizing what he's done commits suicide.

    Duck realizing something? Pfff, you overestimate the kid. "Mommy what did I eat?", "I just friggin' told you like, five seconds ago!"
  • edited July 2012
    Duck would most probably experience "Death by Zombie". He'd attract attention (by being too loud or something), cause panic, and get bitten.
  • edited July 2012
    Duck was almost silent in Episode two
  • edited July 2012
    Good point - I forgot about the fact that he's gonna slow down in Episode 3.

    But I still do think he's more likely to get killed by zombies compared to anything else.
  • edited July 2012
    NessaT wrote: »
    Good point - I forgot about the fact that he's gonna slow down in Episode 3.

    But I still do think he's more likely to get killed by zombies compared to anything else.

    Yes but I hope it's not because alot of people hate him for being loud. TTG is rewriting him to keep him an idiot but not a loud mouthed blabbering idiot that grates our nerves. if people forget about episode one and replay two and talk to him every chance they get see if he's as annoying without the "you killed shawn" or "Why dont you speak up when your muck covered" {not that Larry's going to trust his opinion} or even "The super dinosaur speech" and judge him just by episode two
  • edited July 2012
    CapnJay wrote: »
    Yes but I hope it's not because alot of people hate him for being loud. TTG is rewriting him to keep him an idiot but not a loud mouthed blabbering idiot that grates our nerves. if people forget about episode one and replay two and talk to him every chance they get see if he's as annoying without the "you killed shawn" or "Why dont you speak up when your muck covered" {not that Larry's going to trust his opinion} or even "The super dinosaur speech" and judge him just by episode two

    Duck's stupidity and annoying factors are on purpose: Telltale isn't going to retool his character because they suddenly realize he's an obnoxious kid. If someone thinks something's being proven by a change in Duck's writing, they've never heard of a character arc.

    Carl is my favorite kid in Walking Dead, perhaps my favorite character in all. But Carl isn't a realistic depiction of a child in the apocalypse. Far more kids will be closer to Duck than Carl.
  • edited July 2012
    Duck and Katjaa get cornered by walkers, you get to decide who lives and who gets the Chomp.

    Goodbye you useless little troglodyte, I'm going to save the Medic sir Bite Sized Zombie Snack.
    Carl is my favorite kid in Walking Dead, perhaps my favorite character in all. But Carl isn't a realistic depiction of a child in the apocalypse. Far more kids will be closer to Duck than Carl.

    And that's why we don't see too many of them in the Zombie Apocalypse. :p
  • edited July 2012
    Yes, agreed. Looking back, he wasn't annoying in Episode 2. Just a little hyper. If he were an inaminate object, he'd be a ball - bouncing around.
  • edited July 2012
    Duck and Katjaa get cornered by walkers, you get to decide who lives and who gets the Chomp.

    Goodbye you useless little troglodyte, I'm going to save the Medic sir Bite Sized Zombie Snack.



    And that's why we don't see too many of them in the Zombie Apocalypse. :p

    Exactly. It's harsh, but I have Duck at the bottom of my priorities for the reason. As I've said before, it's not even so much that he's the only person in the group that's been completely useless, although, that's part of it - it's that he shows zero inclination to remedy that (and his parents don't help in that regard).

    I've made the same observation as well, kids like Clem or Carl may be exceptional, but that's kinda the point. The overwhelming majority of "normal" people tend to be living-impaired.
  • edited July 2012
    There is a diffrence between wanting to kill duck and not being inclined to save him in a situation where it would be smarter to save someone else.
  • edited July 2012
    I got it the Perfect send off for Duck.

    Lee , Clementine, Calrey/Doug, Ben , Kenny, Kaatja, Duck , Ben, and Luis Luisa, are all on Kenny's boat. Clementines eating an apple happily. Lee is kissing Carley or Lily. if Carley then Lilys off looking at her mothers ring. Luis Luisa and Ben are learning Fishing from Kenny. Kaatja is cooking up some food. Doug is helping out in the kitchen. Then we see Duck at the controls and he says "I'm the Captain" and the camera cuts to the horrified faces of the gang then goes to black and We hear horrible crashing sounds and screams.
  • edited July 2012
    Or TellTale could really screw with us by casting teenage Duck as the protagonist for Season 2.
  • edited July 2012
    you're all wrong!!

    as the group reaches Kenny's boat, Clem and Duck are the first loaded onboard with some provisions and are pushed adrift as the zombies kill off the rest of the group.

    They drift with the current's until the boat beaches on a deserted island paradise where Clem and Duck live their lives in a Blue Lagoon, have children and live happily ever after!
  • edited July 2012
    WowMutt wrote: »
    you're all wrong!!

    as the group reaches Kenny's boat, Clem and Duck are the first loaded onboard with some provisions and are pushed adrift as the zombies kill off the rest of the group.

    They drift with the current's until the boat beaches on a deserted island paradise where Clem and Duck live their lives in a Blue Lagoon, have children and live happily ever after!

    You know, all that air you're breathing right now could be used in something more useful... Like Forest Fires, and Balloons. :cool:
  • edited July 2012
    You know, all that air you're breathing right now could be used in something more useful... Like Forest Fires, and Balloons. :cool:

    relax bullwinkle! nothing wrong with a little humor :p
  • edited July 2012
    WowMutt wrote: »
    relax bullwinkle! nothing wrong with a little humor :p

    Ditto.
  • edited July 2012
    WowMutt wrote: »
    relax bullwinkle! nothing wrong with a little humor :p

    And now, here's something we hope you'll really like!
  • edited July 2012
    WowMutt wrote: »
    you're all wrong!!

    as the group reaches Kenny's boat, Clem and Duck are the first loaded onboard with some provisions and are pushed adrift as the zombies kill off the rest of the group.

    They drift with the current's until the boat beaches on a deserted island paradise where Clem and Duck live their lives in a Blue Lagoon, have children and live happily ever after!

    you know they had to tape down the nipples of the actress in blue lagoon.

    Don't blame me if you didn't want to know that fact your fault fro bringing up the movie. Also one of the gang has to go with them and then die.
  • edited July 2012
    CapnJay wrote: »
    you know they had to tape down the nipples of the actress in blue lagoon.

    Don't blame me if you didn't want to know that fact your fault fro bringing up the movie. Also one of the gang has to go with them and then die.

    You mean Milla Jovovich, the same girl that plays Alice in the Resident Evil movies?
  • edited July 2012
    Wasn't it Brooke Shields?

    And what if Duck grows up to be hot? I need eye candy in my games. They kept killing off the good-looking ones (Mark, Shawn). Larry didn't count.
  • edited July 2012
    NessaT wrote: »
    Wasn't it Brooke Shields?

    And what if Duck grows up to be hot? I need eye candy in my games. They kept killing off the good-looking ones (Mark, Shawn). Larry didn't count.

    That's a bit creepy, and IDC if he would be. If he's still an idiot, he has to die. Slowly, painfully, so that all shall know my little girl's going to get the best or nothing at all. Death to Idiots!
  • edited July 2012
    they could make him die a heroes death, by pushing Clementine away from a zombie in time for us to help Clementine but sadly (because of self sacrificial heroism) its not enough to get the zombie away and he is eaten :(
  • edited July 2012
    NessaT wrote: »
    Wasn't it Brooke Shields?

    And what if Duck grows up to be hot? I need eye candy in my games. They kept killing off the good-looking ones (Mark, Shawn). Larry didn't count.

    Duck grows up to become Kevin Bacon and and Clementine grows up to become Lucy Liu
  • edited July 2012
    CapnJay wrote: »
    Duck grows up to become Kevin Bacon and and Clementine grows up to become Lucy Liu

    Mmm... i can live with that.
  • edited July 2012
    ruairi46 wrote: »
    Lee walks up to duck puts a dessert eagle in his mouth and goes "Never go full retard" then shoots duck.

    I feel like I have heard that phrase at a recent social gathering.

    Can you provide context?
  • edited July 2012
    dessert eagles are delicious
  • edited July 2012
    If telltale want to mess around next episode they will make Duck save everyone in the group. And for the hell of it, he saves Lee twice.
  • edited July 2012
    He finds a gun, plays with it and shoots himself.


    [EDIT]
    D" Hey Clementine, look what I've found."

    C"Be careful! Bring it to Lee."

    D" Now I can be like the robot ninja and kill them too! Let's see, if there is a bullet in ..." *peng*


    [EDIT 2]
    Why didn't they eat Beijing Duck at the diary farm?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited July 2012
    OMG you guys and I thought the Soda Poppers had an image problem. :o
    ruairi46 wrote: »
    Lee walks up to duck puts a dessert eagle in his mouth

    Well, what would you do with a dessert eagle anyway. This would probably count as "feeding Duck" and score some symph points. :D
  • edited July 2012
    I suspect what will happen is that Kenny will simply abandon you in the middle of nowhere and take Duck and Katjaa with him. I don't see a situation where all 3 get killed unless there's a massacre and only Lee and Clem are left. Either way, by the end of this game they will be alone.
  • edited July 2012
    OMG you guys and I thought the Soda Poppers had an image problem. :o

    Oh shit. Perfect photoshop op.
This discussion has been closed.