User Avatar Image

[WD] Mac: cannot launch game

posted by ferrous26 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users
Whenever I try to launch the game I get the following error:

"“TheWalkingDead.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

I am running Mountain Lion 10.8 GM and trying to run a copy of the game that I downloaded today from the telltale games website.
13 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • if you have mountain lion go into settings and go to security change gatekeeper settings to any app
  • however the game may not be MT. Lion compatible my game is froze on the title page after clicking continue
  • Same thing happened to me.
  • Me too. A response from TTG would be nice. Or I want my money back.
  • Every time I try to launch the game I get the error message:

"TheWalkingDead" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

I have downloaded the installer twice and when opening the dmg file, I allow it to run the full verification process.
  • if you have mountain lion go into settings and go to security change gatekeeper settings to any app
    Yup did that - now no error message, but it still doesn't open. Arghh so frustrating!
  • TuiKiwi;645163 said:
    Yup did that - now no error message, but it still doesn't open. Arghh so frustrating!
    I left my game just sit on the title page for about 30 minutes and it did dl a patch and is working properly now
  • go into settings and change gatekeeper settings to any app then game will open and it will appear to be froze let it just sit on the title page and wait I waited about 30 minutes and the game will dl a patch and all should be well
  • Could be a Mountain Lion compatibility problem?
    I haven't updated myself, because I don't really see a reason on a 2010 Macbook, but I did see the warning that a lot of applications would have to be updated before they could work under Mountain Lion.
  • how can I change this gatekeeper thing? Dont find it in my settings..

mountainlion
This discussion has been closed.