203 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I know that, but you can't just ignore what came before. They are, effectively, a continuation of the franchise (SAC excepted - I'm convinced that's out-of-canon) and it's really hard not to feel let down by them.
    (I certainly wouldn't compare them to the PS3 games. That'd be insanely stupid.)

Even on their own they just feel... meh. Like they're only made out of contractual obligation rather than because the people involved really wanted to make them.
  • ryannumber1gamer;646744 said:
    Ok i agree with you there but i don't think they should be compared with the PS2 games or for that matter the PS3 games. Because of 2 reasons. 1.They are PSP games so they won't be as good as the PS2 or PS3 games. 2. Because when they are compared to the PS2 and PS3 games of course they won't be as good as them.
    Ah, you say that, but quite a few PS2 ports, such as "The Warriors" were actually very good ports of PS2, almost 1:1 in many cases.

Probably the hasty development, and the fact that they were developed by side-teams like High Impact Games, make them inferior titles compared to the ones developed by the main team.

EDIT: As for the capabilities of the PSP, its actually a pretty powerful console for its time.
    Look at a later PSP game like Birth By Sleep, compared to say GTA Vice City Stories, and you can see a major graphical differences. Truly the PSP's full potential wasn't unleashed until the last 3 or so years.
  • Well what do you think is better? Jak & Daxter TLF for PSP or the two R&C games for PSP?
  • Jak & Daxter, beyond a doubt. It was flawed, but still had more imagination and flair than either Ratchet & Clanks.
  • I agree but one problem i think is after a little while and a couple of levels Dark Daxter & the ship fights really get boring after a while.
  • Ah, now we're veering into a topic best left for the Jak & Daxter thread. Which YOU created, IIRC.

(There weren't that many Dark Daxter levels, were there? Agreed about the flying stuff though)
  • I also created the Sly cooper thread. What are your top 3 R&C games? Mine

3.Ratchet & Clank 2
    2.Ratchet & Clank A Crack In Time
    1.Ratchet & Clank 3
  • I haven't really played the latest ones, so I won't give a list, since it wouldn't be fair.

Now it's way past your bedtime. Go the f**k to sleep.
  • Darth Marsden;646762 said:
    I haven't really played the latest ones, so I won't give a list, since it wouldn't be fair.

Now it's way past your bedtime. Go the fuck to sleep.
    No it's not and here is my smart comeback. You go to bed!
  • I'm an adult. I can do what the hell I want. Like stop posting. I can do that. Can you, hmm?
Add Comment