User Avatar Image

55% Lack Compassion...

posted by chaz99 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users
I was wondering why such a high % refused to let Irene have the gun and take her own life, knowing what was ahead for her.

Most interested in the ideas/opinions of those who refused to give her the gun, but all input welcome, as it should be.

Discuss and explain.
86 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think we should hAve been able to chop her up
  • The_Cheshire_Cat;648219 said:
    Ouch...
    I smell a post removal...
    One is not to talk about that sort of stuff on the TTG boards mate!
  • My Lee was stunned by her request. Before he said anything, she tacked us for the gun.
  • Master of Aeons;648257 said:
    My Lee was stunned by her request. Before he said anything, she tacked us for the gun.
    Mine was more along the lines of "hmmm a Christian contemplating suicide? Surely not!? Give her the gun!!!
  • She's bitten, so death is already certain (she said she saw it happen already, so she knows she is going to die either way). So she's not really committing suicide, she is just ensuring that she dies without becoming a flesh eating zombie.
  • raptor;648274 said:
    She's bitten, so death is already certain (she said she saw it happen already, so she knows she is going to die either way). So she's not really committing suicide, she is just ensuring that she dies without becoming a flesh eating zombie.
    We already eat flesh...your point?
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    Matrox Yang;648210 said:
    How was Lee to know that there was no cure?
    Maybe he was into the Hershel solution?
  • It wasn't that I lacked compassion, As I've said previously, I just wasn't going to hand over the only firearm the group had to a complete stranger that was acting just a wee bit nutty. I saw the choice as "Do you want Lee to potentially earn a Darwin Award? Yes/No"; my Lee chose no.

I would've been willing to do the deed myself and mercy kill her; hell, Irene herself suggests doing so (it's just that we can't exercise the option, which is frankly dumb). I could justify the expenditure of a round to end someone's suffering, not the only gun we have though.
  • to me, in my way of thinking, compassion does not exist during a zombie Apoc.. I would have left her in her room given the chance.. dont going to waste a bullet or hand over our only gun (at that time) to a distraught woman.

the only exception is Clem, having to follow the game.. But she's not my kid and if she slowes me up, she's zombie bait!
This discussion has been closed.