not happy with this game, wish i never bought it

edited April 2013 in Jurassic Park
first of all screen doesn't go big, which is least of my problems, second - this game is like watching a dull cartoon with taking participation only so much, not enough choices to make like in the walking dead, not exciting, boring, boring, boring.... i like to stick to playing with one character, and to have dangerous situations, long replic versions that would lead to different outcomes, but it's not the same as in walking dead nothing's going on .... urgggg... dissappointed!!!!! :mad::(:confused:

i was though pleasantly surprised to find back to the future game in my possession which i didnt buy, guess it was extra for free, well if im happy with it, i will forget about my sad experience regarding dino game... cheers

p.s. can't wait for the walking dead game.. favourite game of all times so far.. plz keep it up...well done :o:);)

Comments

  • edited August 2012
    First of all, if you have nothing good to say about the game don't say anything at all. We all know that people wanted a RPG style jurassic park game but this will do. If your not satisfied don't complain. The walking dead series should also have an RPG style game it's self (the TV show not the comic) That is the only reason I am not buying the new walking dead game telltale made. So don't tell us how you dislike the game or how it's terrible because usually it just makes things worse.


    P.S- you got the back to the future game in the double deluxe pack, it wasn't free.
  • edited August 2012
    popup85 wrote: »
    first of all screen doesn't go big, which is least of my problems, second - this game is like watching a dull cartoon with taking participation only so much, not enough choices to make like in the walking dead, not exciting, boring, boring, boring.... i like to stick to playing with one character, and to have dangerous situations, long replic versions that would lead to different outcomes, but it's not the same as in walking dead nothing's going on .... urgggg... dissappointed!!!!! :mad::(:confused:

    i was though pleasantly surprised to find back to the future game in my possession which i didnt buy, guess it was extra for free, well if im happy with it, i will forget about my sad experience regarding dino game... cheers

    p.s. can't wait for the walking dead game.. favourite game of all times so far.. plz keep it up...well done :o:);)

    Guess this is your first time playing a Telltale game. Tisk tisk. Should have done your research.

    On a side note, I liked it. So ha.:guybrush:
  • edited September 2012
    Jurassic#2 wrote: »
    First of all, if you have nothing good about the game don't say anything at all. We all know that people wanted a RPG style jurassic park game but this will do. If your not satisfied don't complain...

    I'm absolutely agree. May be i'll try this game and express my own opinion.
  • edited September 2012
    Raymond D wrote: »
    Guess this is your first time playing a Telltale game. Tisk tisk. Should have done your research.

    On a side note, I liked it. So ha.:guybrush:

    /agree
  • edited September 2012
    Aleks Gf wrote: »
    I'm absolutely agree. May be i'll try this game and express my own opinion.

    I'm glad you agree, because I am tired of people complaining about the game.:mad: It just makes the forums very dirty with useless posts.:rolleyes:
  • edited September 2012
    Jurassic#2 wrote: »
    First of all, if you have nothing good to say about the game don't say anything at all. We all know that people wanted a RPG style jurassic park game but this will do. If your not satisfied don't complain. The walking dead series should also have an RPG style game it's self (the TV show not the comic) That is the only reason I am not buying the new walking dead game telltale made. So don't tell us how you dislike the game or how it's terrible because usually it just makes things worse.

    What a reply man! :) This is true that if someone doesn't like any game then may be it's his own problem or may be he has different taste. Don't influence other people by making these kinds of threads. If you want to give any feedback to the developers then PM them and in a pleasant way not by making complaint thread like this. And, one more thing, you should do research about the game which you are thinking to buy or ask for the reviews.
  • edited September 2012
    What a reply man! :) This is true that if someone doesn't like any game then may be it's his own problem or may be he has different taste. Don't influence other people by making these kinds of threads. If you want to give any feedback to the developers then PM them and in a pleasant way not by making complaint thread like this. And, one more thing, you should do research about the game which you are thinking to buy or ask for the reviews.

    Thanks!:)
  • edited September 2012
    Jurassic#2 I think you are completely wrong re: people expressing a negative opinion on here. I'm a big Telltale fan and I have played all the Sam&Max games, their Monkey Island game, and their Back to the Future games. They were great fun so of course I was gonna buy their Jurassic Park game and expect a similar kind of experience. I was thoroughly dissapointed. Great story, terrible game. People have the right to express their dislike of the game civilly if that's how they felt. Noone likes trolls or flaming but Telltale need to be told (if they aren't already aware) that they dropped the ball on this one and people interested in playing the game should be able to read all kinds of opinions, positive or negative. I would hate to think that people's one and only experience with Telltale was the Jurassic Park game. That's sad for them and bad for Telltale.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Telltale Staff
    edited September 2012
    Numinous wrote: »
    Jurassic#2 I think you are completely wrong re: people expressing a negative opinion on here. I'm a big Telltale fan and I have played all the Sam&Max games, their Monkey Island game, and their Back to the Future games. They were great fun so of course I was gonna buy their Jurassic Park game and expect a similar kind of experience. I was thoroughly dissapointed. Great story, terrible game. People have the right to express their dislike of the game civilly if that's how they felt. Noone likes trolls or flaming but Telltale need to be told (if they aren't already aware) that they dropped the ball on this one and people interested in playing the game should be able to read all kinds of opinions, positive or negative. I would hate to think that people's one and only experience with Telltale was the Jurassic Park game. That's sad for them and bad for Telltale.

    This is quite true.

    While we don't encourage non-constructive negative comments, flaming, or trolling, we DO want this to be a place where you can openly discuss your feelings about our games. If you have something good to say, GREAT! We love hearing it! But if there was something about our games that you didn't like, don't be afraid to say so! Not every game is going to be a hit with everyone, and that's okay. We WANT you to have opinions and have a place where you can discuss them intelligently and in a civil manner.

    With Jurassic Park we really wanted to put the focus on pushing our Interactive Storytelling capabilities. We tried new techniques to put the focus on the character arcs and story development and not the game mechanics. This really taught us how to write a thrilling narrative that always moves forward and keeps the player engaged in the story and laid the ground work for how we treat our character writing and interaction in Walking Dead.

    Your feedback is always taken into consideration when we start designing a new game. We definitely take note of the things you like AND the things you don't like. So please, keep telling us your honest thoughts, good or bad.

    Just... you know... if you can help it, try not to be a jerk about it. ;)
  • edited September 2012
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    This is quite true.

    While we don't encourage non-constructive negative comments, flaming, or trolling, we DO want this to be a place where you can openly discuss your feelings about our games. If you have something good to say, GREAT! We love hearing it! But if there was something about our games that you didn't like, don't be afraid to say so! Not every game is going to be a hit with everyone, and that's okay. We WANT you to have opinions and have a place where you can discuss them intelligently and in a civil manner.

    With Jurassic Park we really wanted to put the focus on pushing our Interactive Storytelling capabilities. We tried new techniques to put the focus on the character arcs and story development and not the game mechanics. This really taught us how to write a thrilling narrative that always moves forward and keeps the player engaged in the story and laid the ground work for how we treat our character writing and interaction in Walking Dead.

    Your feedback is always taken into consideration when we start designing a new game. We definitely take note of the things you like AND the things you don't like. So please, keep telling us your honest thoughts, good or bad.

    Just... you know... if you can help it, try not to be a jerk about it. ;)


    Yeah I guess your right, Just next time tell us what could be better about the game instead of saying that its the baddest thing in the world. I agree with mark that you can tell what you think just don't make it like there was nothing good about the game. Sorry if I sounded a bit tense back in my other posts.:)
  • edited September 2012
    "We tried new techniques to put the focus on the character arcs and story development and not the game mechanics."

    I think that says it all right there. I think I would have really enjoyed this "game" as a movie. It felt like a movie. It was engaging, well paced, good characters (none seemed over the top or cheesey). What I HATED about the game was the fact that for the most part it felt like I was just pushing a key to keep the movie playing. Imagine watching a DVD and having to press "ok" every 5 seconds just to see the next part, and having to press that button within (what felt like) 5 MILLIseconds or the whole segment restarts! Was an exercise in frustration for me at least. I think there-in is my point, I didn't feel like *I* was participating in and driving the narative forward, rather I felt like I was just pushing the "play" button on a movie constantly. I play games to be involved and engaged. If I just want to be told a story I'll watch a movie.

    The puzzle sections were good but even there it felt a little too automated at times. I'm glad that the puzzles were at least well integrated into the environment and narative and didn't feel "tacked on". For me the greatest example of this is still Cyan's Riven. The puzzles were part of the world and not abitrary.

    Great story Telltale, bad game. I'm looking forward to playing The Walking Dead though as it sounds like it's much more engaging (yes I'm waiting until all the episodes are released before I get into it).
    "Just next time tell us what could be better about the game"

    If I could do that I'd be a game designer myself :)
  • edited September 2012
    Jurassic#2 wrote: »
    First of all, if you have nothing good to say about the game don't say anything at all.

    Are you kidding me?! So negative reviews are a no-no? Is this a dictatorship where we're only allowed to sing praises?! If a game sucks, people should know and the developers should definatly know about it!

    This was a HUGE disappointment!
    The characters in this game must be mentally challenged. Standing in a room chatting casually while 3 pissed off velociraptors are stalking that very same corridor somewhere...ohh well. And by all means, do NOT close the door after you've reached a safe room away from those very hungry dinosaurs!

    This wasn't even a game. I've just finished Back to the Future and I liked it a lot. Good adventure game! This was a cartoon where you sometimes had to interact! Wouldn't complain if it was for free, but the fact that Telltale has the nerve to charge $30 for this is beyond any thinking human beeing on this planet!!!
  • edited September 2012
    This is exactly the problem. You think the game sucks, right? How about you tell us what could be good about it so that telltale could make another Jurassic park game better than this one. They don't want lots of complaints. You bought a game that you think wasn't very good, just deal with it. They specifically said that there were going to be button press events and not a RPG style game. Do more research next time.
    If a game sucks, people should know and the developers should definatly know about it!


    Yes they should but not in this context!
  • edited September 2012
    Jurassic#2 wrote: »
    This is exactly the problem. You think the game sucks, right? How about you tell us what could be good about it so that telltale could make another Jurassic park game better than this one. They don't want lots of complaints. You bought a game that you think wasn't very good, just deal with it. They specifically said that there were going to be button press events and not a RPG style game. Do more research next time.

    Did you read my previous post where I described the characters as mentally retarded when they for example in episode 3 are just standing casually around chatting in a corridor which is stalked by 3 pissed off raptors? How about in episode 4 when that idiot runs off to get the cannister, but suddenly seems to forget there's a big GIANT nonstop hungry lizard behind him? May I add the characters can be incredible annoying (i.e. 15 year old whiny girl)?

    Do more research? Yeah you might say that, BUT everything I've touched from Telltale untill now has been pure gems! Advertising the game for $30 on the homepage makes it look like a cool game cause Back to the Future and Monkey Island were awesome games and they went for less than that!

    So to summarize!
    1) Make the characters less like idiots and the gameplay more like....gameplay?

    2) If this is not possible, don't sell it for 30 DOLLARS! It's maybe worth $10, on a good day!
  • edited September 2012
    But in retrospect, having rewatched the promo video for this game I realize the deveolpers have been more concerned with the artistic visualization of the dinosaurs rather than the gameplay itself. Double up the staff next time or something, one team on visual and one on gameplay.
  • edited September 2012
    Jurassic#2 you keep saying "you shoulda done more research before buying the game"but I think you completely miss the point of why people keep complaining about this "game". The research *I* did was to play and enjoy a number of Telltale's previous games. They built up a level of trust. That kind of trust goes a long way. I don't think any amount of "research" ie poor reviews or gameplay descriptions would have put me of buying this game because I had come to trust telltale so implicitly. Therein lies problem, i/we feel betrayed. This was not the telltale we had come to know and love. It was a bitter disappointment and so we feel moved to express this. If this was just a bad game that I'd bought from some other developer I cared little about I'd simply cut my loses and move on, but this is telltale. I WANT them to succeed and carry on making great games in the adventure genre. I DON'T want them to make tedious, annoying, frustrating "interactive movies" that abandon all gameplay and replace it with button mashing.

    Don't get angry at those of us who didn't enjoy the game who are here expressing our opinions, it means we feel strongly also and only want telltale to make great games and succeed as much as you do. It may be hard for any of us to say what "could have been done instead" but telling telltale what we didn't enjoy is just as valid. It let's them know what to avoid in future releases. That's what I'm doing anyway. I'm not here to bash Telltale I'm trying to make them better.
  • edited September 2012
    Feonor wrote: »
    Did you read my previous post where I described the characters as mentally retarded when they for example in episode 3 are just standing casually around chatting in a corridor which is stalked by 3 pissed off raptors? How about in episode 4 when that idiot runs off to get the cannister, but suddenly seems to forget there's a big GIANT nonstop hungry lizard behind him? May I add the characters can be incredible annoying (i.e. 15 year old whiny girl)?

    Do more research? Yeah you might say that, BUT everything I've touched from Telltale untill now has been pure gems! Advertising the game for $30 on the homepage makes it look like a cool game cause Back to the Future and Monkey Island were awesome games and they went for less than that!

    So to summarize!
    1) Make the characters less like idiots and the gameplay more like....gameplay?

    2) If this is not possible, don't sell it for 30 DOLLARS! It's maybe worth $10, on a good day!

    Sorkin and the Hardings didn't know raptors could work doors, so they had no reason to suspect they were being stalked.

    The human brain is wired to focus on one thing at a time, so it's not unrealistic to believe that his greed would override fear for an instant.

    Dinosaurs aren't reptiles. Not really important here, just me.

    a fifteen year old girl, whose parents are divorced, is going to be a bit whiny by default. Adding escaped dinos to the mix gives her good reason to be a bit whiny.

    'Research' doesn't mean "everything else they've done was great, this will be too." Research means watching videos and reading reviews on the subject at hand. That's the path I took. Not everything will be popular by everybody. Ask a Resident Evil fan about Gun Survivor.


    You don't like the gameplay. Fine, a lot of people don't. You could have posted in any number of like-minded threads.
  • edited September 2012
    I agree with T163, I am glad you are finally telling telltale what the game could be Fenonor but could you be a bit more informative about what you mean by Quote on quote ""idiot characters"". Also the game was not 30 $ it was 30 $ for the double deluxe deal for both games not just the one. The double deluxe deal had Back To The Future and Jurassic Park The Game in one pack with lots of other collectible stuff.
  • edited September 2012
    Numinous wrote: »
    Jurassic#2 you keep saying "you shoulda done more research before buying the game"but I think you completely miss the point of why people keep complaining about this "game". The research *I* did was to play and enjoy a number of Telltale's previous games. They built up a level of trust. That kind of trust goes a long way. I don't think any amount of "research" ie poor reviews or gameplay descriptions would have put me of buying this game because I had come to trust telltale so implicitly. Therein lies problem, i/we feel betrayed. This was not the telltale we had come to know and love. It was a bitter disappointment and so we feel moved to express this. If this was just a bad game that I'd bought from some other developer I cared little about I'd simply cut my loses and move on, but this is telltale. I WANT them to succeed and carry on making great games in the adventure genre. I DON'T want them to make tedious, annoying, frustrating "interactive movies" that abandon all gameplay and replace it with button mashing.

    Don't get angry at those of us who didn't enjoy the game who are here expressing our opinions, it means we feel strongly also and only want telltale to make great games and succeed as much as you do. It may be hard for any of us to say what "could have been done instead" but telling telltale what we didn't enjoy is just as valid. It let's them know what to avoid in future releases. That's what I'm doing anyway. I'm not here to bash Telltale I'm trying to make them better.

    This really sums up how I feel too. This game was nothing like the Telltale I've come to know and love. The only reason we get so angry is cause we care so deeply about this.
  • edited April 2013
    loved the game, story/plot, nice graphics, but the controls (or QTE) on PC are FUCKED UP BEYOND ALL REASON!!! and i really typed this sentence out for the first time in my life, it's AWFUL!

    i hope the "hiring" mainly refers to quality asscurance...

    after the tomi4 problems on steam (delete this **** file and it will work) i'm praying telltale gets back on track soon

    waiting for a steam sale for walking dead. hope that one's technically better (steam forums - or better, players - say otherwise)
  • edited April 2013
    MarkDarin wrote: »
    This is quite true.

    While we don't encourage non-constructive negative comments, flaming, or trolling, we DO want this to be a place where you can openly discuss your feelings about our games. If you have something good to say, GREAT! We love hearing it! But if there was something about our games that you didn't like, don't be afraid to say so! Not every game is going to be a hit with everyone, and that's okay. We WANT you to have opinions and have a place where you can discuss them intelligently and in a civil manner.

    With Jurassic Park we really wanted to put the focus on pushing our Interactive Storytelling capabilities. We tried new techniques to put the focus on the character arcs and story development and not the game mechanics. This really taught us how to write a thrilling narrative that always moves forward and keeps the player engaged in the story and laid the ground work for how we treat our character writing and interaction in Walking Dead.

    Your feedback is always taken into consideration when we start designing a new game. We definitely take note of the things you like AND the things you don't like. So please, keep telling us your honest thoughts, good or bad.

    Just... you know... if you can help it, try not to be a jerk about it. ;)

    Well said.
    on that note...jurassic park 2...think about it lol
  • edited April 2013
    I have thought about it and I think that this post is done! Hopefully Telltale will make a new RPG style game based on Jurassic Park.

    Here are some of my ideas: 1. Make it to where you can walk around and not just a point and click game
    2. Make it where you can pick up weapons to fight against the dinosaurs and have items for puzzles.
    3. Make it to where on one ending you can actually get off the island with the canister of embryos! The RPG element could be who you give the embryos to! (BIG SELLING POINT THERE!)
    4. Good conversation options are a must in a RPG game so Telltale should make options where it could affect maybe a karma level like fallout 3 and fallout new vegas did!
    5. Last but not least have it open world where it has a never ending jungle with dinosuars where you look for the embryos! (Make it hard to find and make the same scenario as the movie (THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!)

    All of these ideas and more could make a great RPG game!
    P.S. Here is a message to all of the Telltale admins, sort of like my advice (Pss.. Sell it after or before the new Jurassic Park movie! Sales will go through the roof!!!) Just some advice, whatever you do, make it great!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.