User Avatar Image

Larry Caul and Everett Ray Caul? Two dads or Two different Lily storylines

posted by shmee78 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users
I would love a confirmation from Telltale that there Game does not go completely with the Novel/Comic or we just dont know everything there is to know about Lily Caul. To me it does not make sense to change lily fathers name and story. Does anybody have any info on this topic or is it up in the air?
P.S. its a little wierd that Everett Caul is Lee's last name and Lily in the Novel had a boyfriend named Lee. ;)
59 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • After Lilly's real Dad died, she kind of went crazy and started calling Larry Dad. He felt bad for her so he kept up the ruse.
  • Red Panda;659552 said:
    After Lilly's real Dad died, she kind of went crazy and started calling Larry Dad. He felt bad for her so he kept up the ruse.
    Are you fucking serious? So Lilly is just a crazy bitch like Jolene? Sigh...
  • Christoaster;660370 said:
    Are you fucking serious? So Lilly is just a crazy bitch like Jolene? Sigh...
    I'm pretty sure he's joking.
  • Viner16;660519 said:
    I'm pretty sure he's joking.
    Well if he is. I would like to find the answer to the question for real.
  • Kirkman went against the game and created his own story for his characters
  • Ja1862;660676 said:
    Kirkman went against the game and created his own story for his characters
    In my head this game is canon to the comics. 'Road to Woodbury' can go screw itself. I think Kirkman made a huge mistake, doesn't he realise how great this game is?
  • Honestly, it seems like he's poking a bit of fun at the game. Everett dad? Lee boyfriend? Pfft. Why can't they just be connected? Is it really so hard for Kirkman to have one of his EXTREMELY minor character's back stories be in the hands of SOMEONE else?
  • Viner16;660519 said:
    [QUOTE=Christoaster;660370][QUOTE=Red Panda;659552]After Lilly's real Dad died, she kind of went crazy and started calling Larry Dad. He felt bad for her so he kept up the ruse.
    Are you fucking serious? So Lilly is just a crazy bitch like Jolene? Sigh...[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure he's joking.[/QUOTE]

:D

• It could've been a switch to divert confusion from the protagonist and his family, with the Everett name. It could instead be viewed as an obscure fact that gives insight into some untraditional family background.

Isn't the game supposed to be a similar but not quite parallel universe to the comic series? I've not read any of it.
  • ZacTB;660818 said:
    In my head this game is canon to the comics. 'Road to Woodbury' can go screw itself. I think Kirkman made a huge mistake, doesn't he realise how great this game is?

He probably saw all the hate mail on fb and thought screw this..

He made the rite call as some people where sending him angry messages about the game, notsure how you can pretend this game is cannon... but what ever makes you happy I suppose.
This discussion has been closed.