User Avatar Image

The walking dead ios episode 2 won't download

posted by yellowrazor on - last edited - Viewed by 24.4K users
yesterday i bought the second episode but everytime i start the download it is just going to quit after a while and throw me the message wich says that i have lost my connection.
but when i go back to my homescreen i have full wifi connection.

i even had the game quit downloading at stupid moments like
99.555%
87.404%
it is anoying and i just can't download episode 2.

this is probably a problem with my phone or the wifi connection here.
but if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it
i'm using a iphone 4s
~yellowrazor
46 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The same thing is happening to me - except i'm yet to get past 2 or 3% of the download. So annoying - my internet connection is working perfectly, i've tried in 3g and wifi - using iphone 4.

How do I fix this?????
  • I am having the same issue, tried on 2 seperate ipad 3's and multiple internet connections.
  • I am having the same problem, but I get the Connection Lost error even if I get to 100% downloaded. I've had it (at 100%) 3 times now, as well as losing it several times at different percentages. Very frustrating that it can't resume the download, or in my case use the data that has been 100% downloaded!

Even more frustrating that Telltale hasn't made a single comment acknowledging the issue.
  • I'm having the same problem, cannot download Episode 2. I've got iPad 3, with the latest os updates. I get anywhere between 0-20% and it says my internet connection is lost when my internet connection is perfectly fine.
  • Just to update everyone, my download worked perfectly last night. I did delete and re-download the game though.
  • sprinkl0r;664168 said:
    Just to update everyone, my download worked perfectly last night. I did delete and re-download the game though.
    By deleting you mean the you deleted the entire app? Or just the single episode?

I'm having this issue too. Got the same issue on mac, spent double the money on iOS and got hit by the same issue again. TTG doesn't even know how to solve it's own problem after such a long time... Shame on them. Emailed them, requested a refund on their defective product they said they can't do that. What assholes. Got my money, no game, no solution, no refund.
  • sprinkl0r;664499 said:
    The entire app
    Thanks~
  • sprinkl0r;664168 said:
    Just to update everyone, my download worked perfectly last night. I did delete and re-download the game though.
    i was actually planning to try that, but i didn't want to lose my save tho so i didn't. but if it is the only way to get to play episode 2 then i will have to.
    hope they will fix this with episode 3 tho.
  • re downloading the app didn't work for me... well i don't really know.
    i have re installed the app but now it says that i have to buy it again...
    maybe if i press buy now it doesn't purchase it again but just checks if i already have it. but before i do that i want to know for sure that it works.
This discussion has been closed.