User Avatar Image

Katjaa & Kenny Seem Like an Unlikely Couple (no spoilers)

posted by MisterMisfit on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
Kenny is Southern, racist, trailer trash (even dresses like it) while Katjaa is a European woman educated in the health & sciences. Seems unlikely they would end up together. Ken's wife should have been a stay at home mom with a Southern accent (like the St. Johns mama).

**EP 3 SPOILER BELOW**
And then maybe I wouldn't have felt as bad when she kills herself.
42 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • so we're just gonna go ahead and give Kenny the "racist" label because of one stupid comment? Okie dokie, good to know. On topic, I've thought the same thing but not for any of the reasons you listed.
  • Oh come on, Kenny isn't racist. He made one off-hand comment that was actually pretty hilarious.

"Oh, you are not sayin what I think your sayin..."

LOL

Anyways, people don't really have to be "compatible" to love each other. I think that's a pretty narrow view.
  • The thing is though is that we've only seen eatch other's survival tactics, and nothing else. Its hard to really say if they were a good couple or not.
  • Kenny makes one ignorant comment and he's racist?
  • He's not racist, just retarded under pressure.
  • He isn't racist at all. The comment in the barn was ignorant but his whole behaviour towards Lee since the beginning I see 0 racism.
  • I personally always thought that Katjaa was just not even a relevant character. They are from appearances completely mismatched and I honestly never got the feeling that there was an undercurrent of love there...more like duty from Kenny and gratitude from Katjaa. I didn't like her..she bugged me.
  • LadyJ;664130 said:
    I personally always thought that Katjaa was just not even a relevant character. They are from appearances completely mismatched and I honestly never got the feeling that there was an undercurrent of love there...more like duty from Kenny and gratitude from Katjaa. I didn't like her..she bugged me.
    You needed to talk to her more. Kaatja was awesome.
  • Katjaa was way beyond Kenny intellectually and emotionally, as evidenced by their different reactions to Lee's confessions. I can only assume that (like Duck) what he was lacking intellectually, he made up for with enthusiasm.
  • Kat even says in EP2 about Kenny: "I love that man to death, but sometimes he's dumb as a bag of hammers." I think they made a pretty good match, and they obviously loved each other and their son very much.

On a side note, Kenny isn't racist. One off-kilter comment isn't enough to accuse him of that.
This discussion has been closed.