User Avatar Image

Did Telltale play DayZ? (spoilers)

posted by Thadeum BANNED on - last edited - Viewed by 560 users
I was just wondering if you guys noticed but...

Ok, first when you have to get the scissors, you take them from a ... backpack!

I was like, is it Alice pack, Coyote pack?? But I thought to myself that I was overreacting...

Then, when you meet Omid and his girlfriend, I said "Friendly here!" and they said "Everyone say they are friendly"... I was pretty sure that this was a reference to DayZ :)

Did you feel the same? What do you think?
9 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think you're looking for correlations were there are none.

Sometimes a pack is just a pack.

And DayZ didn't invent survivors turning on each other.
    It's been a staple since Romero's Night, in the farmhouse.
  • Dude, just... no. Stop looking for references were there are none. Next thing you know every single thing said ever is a reference to something.
  • User Avatar Image
    Thadeum BANNED
    For the backpack, I am allright thinking there is no correlation.

But for the "I am friendly" line, I am sure this is a reference to DayZ. The way they say "everyone say they are friendly" such quickly doesn't make much sense if not a reference to DayZ... In my opinion :-)
  • Holy shit, the game uses the same night sky as Game of Thrones!
  • Way to be sarcastic Aeons, O.o

Anyways, he was just asking if anyone else noticed the possible correlations like he did. No reason to bash him so hard... :(
  • You've got to admit though, he's grasping at straws.
  • There's a purple backpack in the opening shot of scene 2 in Episode 2. Same backpack Kenny's wearing in Scene 1 of Episode 3.

This has no significance, I just felt like mentioning it.
  • I would say no, but if they come across some cans of beans and pepsi....
  • Thadeum;664504 said:
    I was just wondering if you guys noticed but...

Ok, first when you have to get the scissors, you take them from a ... backpack!

I was like, is it Alice pack, Coyote pack?? But I thought to myself that I was overreacting...

Then, when you meet Omid and his girlfriend, I said "Friendly here!" and they said "Everyone say they are friendly"... I was pretty sure that this was a reference to DayZ :)

Did you feel the same? What do you think?
    Yeah! Because both backpacks and lieng about being good were both clearly invented by Day Z!
This discussion has been closed.