User Avatar Image

How an Honest Ad for TWD Would Read

posted by JackSchirmer on - last edited - Viewed by 2.3K users
An honest ad for The Walking Dead game would read:

"Clunky point and click adventure game with lots of button mashing, the usual bizarre key hunts (a sparkplug in order to break a window!) an interesting story, and limited choices the effects of which are confined within each episode don't work in the pc version, and primarily have to do with how people talk to you. No matter what you do, every episode begins and ends the same way. Just so you know."

Anyone else?
113 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • people complaining about a game because its not exactly what they wanted, what else is new?

The game says "This series adapts to the choices you make" it doesn't say "You can change EVERYTHING"
  • lol - rain is wet?
  • Zombies are Awesome!;671693 said:
    people complaining about a game because its not exactly what they wanted, what else is new?
    People always complain, that's their nature.
  • Zombies are Awesome!;671693 said:
    people complaining about a game because its not exactly what they wanted, what else is new?

The game says "This series adapts to the choices you make" it doesn't say "You can change EVERYTHING"
    No one wants to change everything (at least not a rational thinking person).
  • SupahFly;671704 said:
    No one wants to change everything (at least not a rational thinking person).
    thats what ive seen. people like "Why can't i change that, thats stupid" the truth is, the game does adapt to your choices just not the way most people think
  • Zombies are Awesome!;671706 said:
    thats what ive seen. people like "Why can't i change that, thats stupid" the truth is, the game does adapt to your choices just not the way most people think
    Adapts on an artificial level. If you decide to be happy with that one - okay. If you want to think more globally you will have to see things on a different level and of course there is the danger that you expect too much from the game but there is a balance somewhere between and it can be reached with proper efforts.
    This is the problem with the internet, you cant see the person making the comments- maybe they are too old, too young, too new to video games to understand that it just doesnt f***ing work that way.
    Like everything there is a structure and there are limits to how much you can do given X amount of time and X amount of resources.
    But a point Im starting to make that no one can answer is,
    Why do people feel they are entitled to make these demands on video games when you wouldnt make it of other media?
    For a goddamn $25 game you want to re-invent the wheel.
    Go tell Spielberg to you want him to remake ET only this time he stays on Earth.
    Or CSI to remake one of their episodes because you didnt like the way some character got shot.
    Take a wild guess what the answer will be?
  • This is why I was against Bioware remaking their ending of ME3... it opened a really nasty can of worms....
    To me, the game seemed to be more about changing dialogue and your interactions with the other characters while following the overall plot. I saw enough variance in those interactions that I was satisfied. It doesn't hurt that I've enjoyed the story as much as I have.

I can understand their point of view though. I wouldn't be too happy if I had thought this game was supposed to have a wildly branching plot. I didn't pick that up from their advertisement though.
    This is why I was against Bioware remaking their ending of ME3... it opened a really nasty can of worms....
    Yeah man. I still think it says a lot about TTG that people cared so much for these characters though.
  • Oh god, NO not the entitled debate again NO just no. That shit went way to far on ME3 and is going to again here please NO!

Technically you are entitled to anything the marketing campaign sais you will get with the game, and the only way I can end this is say Bioware bended towards the people complaining so even they saw the correct edge of that question.
This discussion has been closed.