User Avatar Image

How an Honest Ad for TWD Would Read

posted by JackSchirmer on - last edited - Viewed by 3.6K users
An honest ad for The Walking Dead game would read:

"Clunky point and click adventure game with lots of button mashing, the usual bizarre key hunts (a sparkplug in order to break a window!) an interesting story, and limited choices the effects of which are confined within each episode don't work in the pc version, and primarily have to do with how people talk to you. No matter what you do, every episode begins and ends the same way. Just so you know."

Anyone else?
113 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Xarne;671773 said:
    Because thats exactly how these people are starting to sound now.
    And yes, people are entitled to everything the market campaign says:
    But when they misinterpret the feature, that is not the Devs fault, nor are they now obliged to indulge YOUR version of what you thought said feature was going to be. The rage:$ ratio is off here, people.
    Dude, they killed Carley. While tears are cheaper than lotion, I expect more from my $25 waifu adventure.

In all seriousness though, it may just be too early to tell if our decisions won't have lasting consequences. We've still got two more episodes this season.

Your post is is spot on, in my opinion. I didn't like the Mass effect 3 ending but I think I was more disappointed with the precedent that was set after all was said and done. It was a shame, really.
  • Maugly;671777 said:
    Actually, it is, or, rather, their marketing department.
    Hey, Xarne :)
    Fine, I'll bow out of this one. I'll admit I didnt go over the features page with a fine tooth comb, probably because I use to be the guy starting threads like this until I realized you'll ALWAYS be disappointed with a game if you follow the features page. They're trying to sell a product thats what the marketing team does; sells you a dream!
    Later
  • Marleysativa;671782 said:
    In all seriousness though, it may just be too early to tell if our decisions won't have lasting consequences. We've still got two more episodes this season.
    Bears repeating, IN BIG LETTERS and bolded.
  • That flash like a Neon Sign.
  • swebonny;671638 said:
    the walking dead game
    everyone will remember your actions.

For 10 minutes.
    the walking dead

you better remember how to use batteries!
  • So where the hell is Episode 4?

DAMN.
  • [QUOTE=

In all seriousness though, it may just be too early to tell if our decisions won't have lasting consequences. We've still got two more episodes this season. [/QUOTE]
    Exactly what I'm saying ;)
  • Plus remember my fellow peeps, Telltale said Episode 4 will have a HUGE decision that will be affected by all your other choices so far :D
  • Zombies are Awesome!;671874 said:
    Plus remember my fellow peeps, Telltale said Episode 4 will have a HUGE decision that will be affected by all your other choices so far :D
    Yup. Also, a dev (I think it's a dev) just posted this in another thread;
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=671854&postcount=465

Looks like pretty good news to me.
  • Marleysativa;671882 said:
    Yup. Also, a dev (I think it's a dev) just posted this in another thread;
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=671854&postcount=465

Looks like pretty good news to me.
    Wow thats awesome!

here is what they said
    I would say, as someone who knows what's coming, to wait until the end of the series to complain about whether or not your choices had any meaning. If you still don't think they did, we'd love to hear why, and suggestions for improvement. But just like the zombie apocalypse, bad things will always happen, despite your best efforts.
    i have a feeling we will be pleasantly surprised by the end :D
This discussion has been closed.