User Avatar Image

The ESRB gives it...

posted by Ooze33 on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users
For anyone who is curious, the retail version of Sam & Max: Season One was rated by the ESRB:
T
Cartoon Violence
Crude Humor
Mild Language
Use of Alcohol and Tobacco

I found it out in this article:http://www.gamerdad.com/detail.cfm?itemID=3810
41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Gosh, those qualifiers make it sound so much worse than it is.
  • Well, if you go to the article, at the bottom it says they thought it should've been E10+.
  • The ESRB probably didn't take to jokes like Max's dating video having a "Viewer Discretion is Advised" message, or the dialog from an exorcism.

(I thought those jokes were hilarious!)
  • Ah well, a "Teen" rating isn't that bad. If someone who is under that age wants it, I'm sure they'll just get someone else to buy it. :p
  • I've seen 7-year-olds play Halo. the rating won't be an issue, trust me.
  • Where's the tobacco usage come from? Did Featherly have a pipe or something (He's the only character who I can picture using a pipe at any point in the game).

EDIT: Oh, now I remember. There's the cigarette butts in the ahtrays in episode 3.
  • Cyberlink420;37937 said:
    I've seen 7-year-olds play Halo. the rating won't be an issue, trust me.
    i have seen parents buying kids younger than ten GTA games despite the big red 18 on the front of the box (bad parenting). at that age i was playing mario and other apparent children's games
  • I'm 17, and I still rarely play anything above a 12+ =P

As soon as certain games start being mature in ways other than "OMG BLOOD SWEARZ AND HOOKAZ", I might play something a bit closer to my age.
    Highest rated game I've played in ages was Final Fantasy XII (16+) but even then it didn't deserve such a high age rating, and it was rubbish.

As for GTA, I've barely played it myself, don't like it from what I have seen and played, and would DEFINITELY not let my kids (if I ever get lucky) touch it.
  • It's hard to find any game that doesn't have "Cartoon Violence" in it. Even the Mario games get that one.
  • LuigiHann;37955 said:
    It's hard to find any game that doesn't have "Cartoon Violence" in it. Even the Mario games get that one.

Cartoon Violence is funny, especially in the Roadrunner sketches in Looney Tunes! :D
Add Comment