User Avatar Image

The cause of the zombie apocalypse?

posted by Zombies are Awesome! on - last edited - Viewed by 3.5K users
Anyone have any ideas what could have caused it? I know Kirkman has said he won't reveal it but when can still guess right? :)

i think its something religious, only because they mention religion many times in the comics and TV show
111 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm going to go with the other ZA fiction and say that it is the cause of accidental science experimentation.
  • Zeruis;674658 said:
    I'm going to go with the other ZA fiction and say that it is the cause of accidental science experimentation.
    could be, the government could have been messing around with stuff they shouldn't
  • It's a virus because they are all infected with it, so I'm guessing a genetic mutation of some kind, that maybe managed to escape from a scientific lab..or it could be a Biohazard, someone released it on purpose in a terrorist act?
    Or it could have happened by chance... which would be soo unlucky ;D
  • Supernatural in origin.
  • Maybe science found some thing drilling the Antarctica ice,and released it.
  • Could be the next step in human evolution or just a normal virus that everyone can get that has mutated and stays in the human DNA.
  • I'm with DreadMagnus. Supernatural seems somewhat plausible.
  • I would say something Viral... Viruses mutate alarmingly fast and the way the walking affliction works suggest a viral disease.... Either that or I blame violent video games.
  • One day a little boy attempted to toast jello in his mom's toaster. The resulting electrical short combined with the gelatin and residual carbon particles residing in the toaster resulted in a mutant molecule. This mutant molecule attached to a water molecule when mom cleaned up the mess. Once it was washed down the drain, the world was its oyster and it spread like the plague, contaminating the world's entire water supply within days. After another month, it built up in people's brains, producing zombies upon death.
  • I forgot to wash my hands after visiting the toilet.
This discussion has been closed.