User Avatar Image

If they do manage to find the boat, then what?

posted by nublar93 on - last edited - Viewed by 1K users
If they do manage to survive Savannah and find Kenny's boat, then what? Are they going stay in the Atlantic Ocean for the rest of their lives, sail to another country, or what?
57 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • nublar93;675687 said:
    If they do manage to survive Savannah and find Kenny's boat, then what? Are they going stay in the Atlantic Ocean for the rest of their lives, sail to another country, or what?
    i would just stay near the coast occasionally making trips to land for supplies
  • I'd be surprised if they had thought that far.
  • nublar93;675687 said:
    Well unless it is a sailboat they will need to get gas to run the boat. They may have food access because Kenny is a fisherman, but what do they have to cook it on the boat? Assuming they are using his actual fishing boat and it hasent been destroyed or stolen. Lets assume he has a grill on his boat, or heck even a small kitchen inside. Gas or Electric they will need to get more fuel to cook the food he catches.

Another fact is if they sail down into the Caribbean they will have to deal with Hurricanes. Especially now that there is no warning ahead of time. If they sail north up the coast there are still chances they will run into nasty weather, having them go back to land.

In the end they WILL need to go back on land. It's just a matter of when, not if.
  • Motordead;675694 said:
    Well unless it is a sailboat they will need to get gas to run the boat. They may have food access because Kenny is a fisherman, but what do they have to cook it on the boat? Assuming they are using his actual fishing boat and it hasent been destroyed or stolen. Lets assume he has a grill on his boat, or heck even a small kitchen inside. Gas or Electric they will need to get more fuel to cook the food he catches.

Another fact is if they sail down into the Caribbean they will have to deal with Hurricanes. Especially now that there is no warning ahead of time. If they sail north up the coast there are still chances they will run into nasty weather, having them go back to land.

In the end they WILL need to go back on land. It's just a matter of when, not if.
    they wont be using kenny's boat as i don't think it is in savannah, and ever heard of sushi?, and why would they go to the Caribbean? did they mention that or something?
  • Without fuel, they'll be dead in the water.... unless it's a sail operated boat.
  • thestalkinghead;675708 said:
    they wont be using kenny's boat as i don't think it is in savannah, and ever heard of sushi?, and why would they go to the Caribbean? did they mention that or something?
    True, but only certain types of fish are safe for eating raw, and even those fish are frozen solid to eliminate any dangerous parasites they may reside in them that can kill the person eating it. Once frozen they are thawed, cut, than served. Unless someone on the boat knows what they are doing and know how to serve sushi, they can kill someone.

<-- used to own a restaurant. I've never made sushi, or do I want to- but I know the basic way it is processed by my background.
  • Currently if they get to the boat I think it might be alot like how the Dawn of the Dead remake did it. They get to the boat, someone sacrifices themselves for the group then they sail off. They reach an island and its just the same there as well.
  • Motordead;675715 said:
    True, but only certain types of fish are safe for eating raw, and even those fish are frozen solid to eliminate any dangerous parasites they may reside in them that can kill the person eating it. Once frozen they are thawed, cut, than served. Unless someone on the boat knows what they are doing and know how to serve sushi, they can kill someone.

<-- used to own a restaurant. I've never made sushi, or do I want to- but I know the basic way it is processed by my background.</div>
    yeah your are right i wouldn't want to eat parasites, but if you were on a sail boat the amount of fuel you would need is minimal for a camping cooker
  • Shame they don't have Doug, he could have probably made a solar powered stove or something....
  • i've got one of these at home, good for any zombie apocalypse

This discussion has been closed.