User Avatar Image

Max as an inventory item?

posted by Hero1 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users
I've seen quite a few people ask for this so I'd be interested in the poll results..
64 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • One of the funniest things in hit the road was using Max's head to short out the river of love ride thing at the carnival...I cracked up at that...BRING BACK THAT HUMOUR!!!
  • I don't mind either way. If he can be used as inventory item, cool. If not, no problem. :)
  • Yeah, bring him back, but only if the puzzles are as silly and semi-illogical as they were in Hit The Road!
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    I like the trade-off of being able to speak as him in place of using him, but I may be biased.
  • I might agree if you actually got to speak as him more than the barely once per episode in season one. Are there plans for that?
  • I'd actually like to play as him, maybe Sam gets Kidnapped and you need to use Max to free him, and now that Sam's gone, Max has absolutely no moral compass.
  • Harald B;40364 said:
    I might agree if you actually got to speak as him more than the barely once per episode in season one. Are there plans for that?

I may be wrong, but I think Max is being used as a hint system.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Guybrush Threepwood;40368 said:
    I may be wrong, but I think Max is being used as a hint system.
    Max has always been the hint system. Throughout Season One you could click on him to talk to him at any point in the game, and the dialog options were always tied directly to how far you were through the episode. He didn't always have the most helpful advice, but everything he said was always tied to offering some tiny-to-medium hint about any tasks you had left uncompleted.

In Season Two he can now just start rambling to himself or talking to you about the game independent of you clicking. Other characters can do this as well, but don't very often.
  • Jake;40373 said:
    Max has always been the hint system. Throughout Season One you could click on him to talk to him at any point in the game, and the dialog options were always tied directly to how far you were through the episode. He didn't always have the most helpful advice, but everything he said was always tied to offering some tiny-to-medium hint about any tasks you had left uncompleted.

In Season Two he can now just start rambling to himself or talking to you about the game independent of you clicking. Other characters can do this as well, but don't very often.

I see. Sometimes I just thought he was just delivering a funny line instead of a hint.
  • User Avatar Image
    NickTTG Telltale Staff
    More fool you then!
Add Comment