User Avatar Image

What is your favorite movie?

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 3.2K users
This is a place where you can tell everyone your favorite movies,your most favorite movie :).

My favorite movie is The Incredibles. I love this movie because Pixar perfectly made fun of superheroes in this movie while still having a serious story. The characters are great and Mr.Incredible's need to do hero work is good because it shows us how hard it is for a hero to just stop hero stuff and be normal. It is shown further when we see that his boss is a person who will not help anyone and only thinks of himself and his company. The comedy is great too like when it makes fun of how villains always make a big speech when they have their enemies right where they want them.

I still wonder why Pixar decided to make a Cars 2 instead of a Incredibles 2. The Incredibles goes up with the Toy Story Trilogy & Monsters Inc as my favorite Pixar movie and i think it is one of Pixar's greatest movies.
89 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ryannumber1gamer;686842 said:
    This is a place where you can tell everyone your favorite movies,your most favorite movie :).

My favorite movie is The Incredibles. I love this movie because Pixar perfectly made fun of superheroes in this movie while still having a serious story. The characters are great and Mr.Incredible's need to do hero work is good because it shows us how hard it is for a hero to just stop hero stuff and be normal. It is shown further when we see that his boss is a person who will not help anyone and only thinks of himself and his company. The comedy is great too like when it makes fun of how villains always make a big speech when they have their enemies right where they want them.

I still wonder why Pixar decided to make a Cars 2 instead of a Incredibles 2. The Incredibles goes up with the Toy Story Trilogy & Monsters Inc as my favorite Pixar movie and i think it is one of Pixar's greatest movies.
    Because in order to fund great, more artistic movies they need cash ins. Movies like Wall E and the Incredibles didn't profit the much. Ars is their number one profiting movie of all time.
  • Not by the world box office numbers(Incredibles beat Cars). The marketability factor does heavily weigh in. What boy doesn't have cars?
  • An old one. Taxi Driver from 1976.

Travis Bickle: Are you talking to me?!? (Raises gun)
  • Johro;687044 said:
    Not by the world box office numbers(Incredibles beat Cars). The marketability factor does heavily weigh in. What boy doesn't have cars?
    Yeah it's not just the box office numbers it was by all the merchandise tie ins.
  • I gave this some more thought and decided that Lawrence of Arabia needs to be really high on my list.
  • My favorite movie of all time is Vanilla Sky.
  • Grosse Pointe Blank for me.
  • Always hard to choose the top spot but probably Casablanca. It's hard to imagine a more perfect movie.

Though sometimes it has to defend its position against The Third Man, Rear Window, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Iron Giant and The Apartment.
  • I don't think it comes as a surprise to many that one of my favourite movies is Megamind, but still it hasn't taken the top spot which is still being held by Face/Off. Other favourites of mine is, Hot Fuzz, The Road to El Dorado and Cutthroat Island.
Add Comment