User Avatar Image

Raise the difficulty in next season?

posted by Chanut_N on - last edited - Viewed by 1.8K users
I love the game after all it's 20 bucks so I am not going to complain anything.

Actually it's a suggestion. Would the game be bettter if it's more difficult?
The most hardest part so far from ep1-3 is that shooting part but it's not really difficult anyway.

Should the puzzle be more complex?
Should the shooting be more intense?

Your opinion?
35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I actually don't mind the simple game play. Plus, I don't know if our graphics card could handle anything much more fancy. (I know, we've been putting off the upgrades too long xP.)
    I know the choices are only going to get harder as the game progresses, and that's all I want. Even though, in the moment, I'm like cursing TTG for the tough decisions, it's fun to talk about them after the fact. Plus, me and my husband, my sister, my parents, and my uncle all play. So we get like a big ol' discussion going once we're all on the same chapter lol.
  • Some may argue that the difficulty in this game lies in the weight of the choices you make and how they impact your gameplay. Personally, I feel that real 'difficulty' would be a hindrance rather than a welcome addition to a game like TWD, especially since a difficult puzzle/combat might ruin the mood. Just my opinion :)
  • I am not a fan of all of the shooting required in episode 3. I think part of the problem for me is that the controls are just clunky on the PC imho. I might enjoy the shooting parts more on a console but I don't buy console games. Overall I am satisfied with the balance between modes. The puzzles could be more challenging though.
  • LadyJ wrote: »
    The puzzles could be more challenging though.

Yeah and it's more of a "finding a small object on the screen" than a puzzle anyway.

I reall want to die by a hard puzzle but the opponent is just a stupid zombie so I am out of idea about what could be done to make it more difficult though.
  • Chanut_N wrote: »
    Yeah and it's more of a "finding a small object on the screen" than a puzzle anyway.

I reall want to die by a hard puzzle but the opponent is just a stupid zombie so I am out of idea about what could be done to make it more difficult though.

Puzzles would probably have to be done against living opponents. Picking a lock or something. But that would be a bit like RE games. Seems like they incorporate a healthy dose of puzzles in that game series. I just don't see it being realistic in TWD universe, because it takes place in regular cities with relatively normal people.
    I guess Lee could disarm some traps/alarms?
  • No.

I second this....simple yet so informative.
  • the choices make it hard and some of the qte's aren't easy to do first time

and would people still play it if it was harder ? not as many...
  • the choices make it hard and some of the qte's aren't easy to do first time

I kind of understand what you said about "the choices make it hard" but it's not "hard" in my sense. Well no matter what you can not die by the choice you choose unless you try so hard to go out of your way.

Spoiler:

Trying so hard to not make Kenny stop the train.
  • Honestly I think changing the puzzle and quick time difficulty could cause some problems. Right now me and my friends can play and complete the puzzles without you tubing them. They require common sense and can a little time but they stop short of frustrating. Making it any harder could tip the balance and making puzzles annoying and irritating rather than rests and nice breaks from the action.
This discussion has been closed.