User Avatar Image

Oh no! UK retail is only in english!

posted by lerenwe on - last edited - Viewed by 466 users
As you may know, I've bought the UK retail, because I thought the french subtitles and voices were in! But no! :(

Emily said all the european had the four language in, but apparently not in the UK version!

What should I do? I don't want to rebuy a french version (I don't have money for, hey, i'm only 15! :p )

Hope you can help me, I'm a bit sad about that, i was waiting to have the game in french since months...
13 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm sorry, I was wrong. :(

    Apparently UK is English only. Versions sold in France, Germany, Italy, and Spain do include the English (as well as French and German voice and Italian subtitles).

    I agree, return it if you can. Sorry for the goof.
  • Emily;41937 said:
    Versions sold in France, Germany, Italy, and Spain do include the English (as well as French and German voice and Italian subtitles).
    (and Spanish subtitles)
  • No Spanish subtitles. Only the packaging is in Spanish.
  • Oh yeah, now I see...

    image

    "Voices in English, subtitles in English"... what a strange "Spanish" version :confused:

    And yet, the file sizes differ... does it maybe have spanish menus?
  • probably the variable-names in the program-code are in spanish?:D
  • It was difficult to persuade my father to return the game (It's a bit expensive to return it in england), but it's okay, I will return it saurday...

    But I'm still a bit sad, because I don't know if my father will let me rerebuy the game in french... I hope I will go on a supermarket next week, and that "Micromania" will have the game!

    I hope that the game will be a success in France too, Good Luck to everyone at Telltale, everyone should love your games :p !
  • User Avatar Image
    Jake Telltale Alumni
    Laserschwert;41957 said:
    Oh yeah, now I see...
    And yet, the file sizes differ... does it maybe have spanish menus?
    The different is just a few kilobytes, and it's because the one thing the Spanish one had to have was, I believe, a Spanish EULA and a Spanish ReadMe. Heh!


    Also, lerenwe, I'm really sorry for your troubles!
  • lerenwe;42010 said:
    It was difficult to persuade my father to return the game (It's a bit expensive to return it in england), but it's okay, I will return it saurday...

    But I'm still a bit sad, because I don't know if my father will let me rerebuy the game in french... I hope I will go on a supermarket next week, and that "Micromania" will have the game!

    I hope that the game will be a success in France too, Good Luck to everyone at Telltale, everyone should love your games :p !
    Try asking for a refund for the postage/shipping cost. For example, Amazon usually refund it, no questions asked.
  • Jake;42018 said:
    The different is just a few kilobytes, and it's because the one thing the Spanish one had to have was, I believe, a Spanish EULA and a Spanish ReadMe. Heh!


    Also, lerenwe, I'm really sorry for your troubles!
    Bah, I know it's not your fault, I was a bit sad because I really love sam and max and I was so excited to have it in my maternal language... But that's nothing, now I just have to wait two more weeks for the official french release. Oh, I'm gettin' impatient!
Add Comment