User Avatar Image

TWD Can't find saves now?

posted by Brids17 on - last edited - Viewed by 351 users
So I got the WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working error while attempting to start episode 3 and it resulting in my saves no longer being able to be detected. Having not been able to solve this, I opted for starting all over again but I wanted to back-up my saves this time.

Here's the problem: They're not there. I'll open the game and I can load the save but when I go to the folder, it's empty. I'm running windows 7 and I found the original saves of which the game can't seem to find in Documents/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead but the new saves aren't appearing there now? Does anyone know where they would be save now? Not sure why the save location would change like this.
3 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    DjNDB Moderator
    Are you running the game in compatibility mode now?
    Compatibility mode for win95 or win98/me changes the savegame location to
    %PUBLIC%\Documents\Telltale Games\GameData

Also, here are some ways of restoring lost savegames.
  • Hey, I think I may have figured out the issue behind this, though I need other people to confirm if possible.

By any chance, do you have a back-up of your prefs.prop file (located in My Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead) before these issues started happening? If you do, try reverting back to that one and see if that fixes it. I think the game's ability to detect save files and that file are linked.
  • DjNDB;700970 said:
    Are you running the game in compatibility mode now?
    Compatibility mode for win95 or win98/me changes the savegame location to
    %PUBLIC%\Documents\Telltale Games\GameData

Also, here are some ways of restoring lost savegames.
    No, as I said, I'm running windows 7.
This discussion has been closed.