User Avatar Image

Time between seasons?

posted by Motordead on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
Its roughly around 40 - 60 days for Telltale to make a new episode of the walking dead, but now we're on the last episode. Kind of hard to believe, but here we are. For anyone with past Telltale experience with release dates regarding new seasons, how much time do you think we got until season 2 comes out?

Gotta figure out how to cryogenically freeze myself.
41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • As much as i like the walking dead id much rather see Telltale make another Sam & Max season then more TWD.

Come one please telltale more Sam & Max!
  • They need a long time just to bulid up the story for the new season, so it will take a long time proably
  • i would think they'd aim for around the same time activisons version comes out
  • Bcroft;710087 said:
    i would think they'd aim for around the same time activisons version comes out
    because nothing helps sales like having to compete with a game of the same universe. [/sarcasm]
  • I'm sure we'll hear something about season 2 next year. I mean, it will probably be another episodic game so it's not like they have to finish the whole game before they start releasing it.

With the way this season is heading.. I think I'll be done with the walking dead for a while.
  • Mathematically, If one episode was 40 days to make, The season would be finished by mid 2013.
    That wont happen. I say 2020.
  • QuarterPounderVlad;710214 said:
    Mathematically, If one episode was 40 days to make, The season would be finished by mid 2013.
    That wont happen. I say 2020.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, may I introduce you to Hyperbole.
  • I imagine Telltale will want to strike while the iron is hot. Technically they could probably start a 2nd season after about 3 months, the engine already exists, they know what they're doing by this point, it's just the writing process and the graphical skins they need.
    What I expect is that we'll see Season 2 around the end of May, after the AMC show has finished, so to get a clean run at the promotion. I certainly don't envisage it taking a year or longer now that they've actually announced a 2nd season.
  • With all the money they made from this game I would expect it to be sooner rather than later, especially with fads like "Zombies" and "Vampires" in pop culture; never know when that well will be milked dry.
  • I think we might season season 2 in late 2013 early 2014 but that just my guess. Who knows they might have been working of season 2 now and it might be mid-2013. However only time will tell or until TTG says something about Season 2 Episode 1 Release date.
This discussion has been closed.