User Avatar Image

Disney Buys Lucasfilm (and other stories)

posted by BlankCanvasDJ on - last edited - Viewed by 19K users
...and, by extension, LucasArts (since that's what we all really care about, I know).

http://www.benzinga.com/news/12/10/3039512/disney-to-buy-lucasfilm-for-4-05b-in-cash-and-stock

I know, with the likes of Star Wars and Indiana Jones being snatched up, the LA catalogue probably isn't a big priority but I wonder what this could mean for the future of some of our favorite adventure games?

Could a Monkey Island theme park ride be in our future? Hmm.
681 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Nope. They lost me with the cue up of the music.
  • Man, EVERYONE loves Requiem for a Dream.

Clone Wars Season 5 ends this weekend. Probably the last episode to air on Cartoon Network. Makes me wonder what CN is going to do now. With Clone Wars going away and the apparent cancellation of Green Lantern and Young Justice, and the long since dead ThunderCats reboot, they don't seem to have anything that can really draw anyone now except maybe Dragons: Riders of Berk.
  • Shadowknight1;774140 said:
    Man, EVERYONE loves Requiem for a Dream.

Clone Wars Season 5 ends this weekend. Probably the last episode to air on Cartoon Network. Makes me wonder what CN is going to do now. With Clone Wars going away and the apparent cancellation of Green Lantern and Young Justice, and the long since dead ThunderCats reboot, they don't seem to have anything that can really draw anyone now except maybe Dragons: Riders of Berk.
    All of that stuff is terrible.
  • Young Justice is pretty damn good.
  • I've never quite minded Requiem for a Dream. Yeah, it was overused for awhile (for good reason... conveys epic quite nicely) but I haven't heard it in years. The sound mixing on the trailer wasn't that good though. That and it was too long. Should have cut all the talking at the beginning and just used the actions shots with maybe one or two bits of dialogue spliced in between. Maybe I have no taste, but in my mind, trailers are meant to either be flashy and attention grabbing or subtle and intriguing.
  • DAISHI;774147 said:
    Young Justice is pretty damn good.
    That's what I keep hearing, which makes it even more astounding that it's not going for another season.
  • It won an Emmy for animation.
  • I liked Young Justice but at some point lost interest. It had good animation, and I loved that Robin took inspiration from The Shadow....but it also had an awful Joker, and it's pretty hard to screw that up.

Thundercats was good, but I couldn't get really interested in it either.

Green Lantern could have been the best thing in existence and I would've given it a pass for the 3D animation. And the Guardians, my least favorite comics characters.
  • Let the Cocaine jokes begin.
Add Comment