User Avatar Image

What if Clem was a boy ?

posted by N7. on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users
In my opinion that really would be bad if Clem was a boy in game
What's your opinion about this ?
Please vote
22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I doubt my gameplay would have changed much, but I think alot more people would have been willing to do hard stuff like killing the St. John brothers in front of boy Clem.
  • Why would it have been really bad? Are only girls worth being protected? I don't get it.
  • girls are considered more delicate and enforces the mans urge to protect her...which is what the game wanted you to do and feel. clem being a boy would have ruined the feeling.
  • Imagine an innocent Carl.
  • User Avatar Image
    N7.
    short_stack;731294 said:
    girls are considered more delicate and enforces the mans urge to protect her...which is what the game wanted you to do and feel. clem being a boy would have ruined the feeling.
    exactly :)
  • Let's all be honest here - we wouldn't have grown as nearly attached to a boy as we did to Clementine.
  • Attaching to a character is through the writing and you shouldn't compare the existing girl story to a possible boy story. I think it could've worked just as good.

Having Clem be a boy would have given different opportunities like him getting all excited about shooting the gun(you same guys would've probably pounded your breast, telling everyone how badass you little boy was), while destroying some other moments (like the hair cutting scene) we had with "real" Clem.
  • 8Bit_System;731292 said:
    Why would it have been really bad? Are only girls worth being protected? I don't get it.
    I'm not saying that. It's just after playing this whole season since April and to say oh Clem's a boy would you like it, I have to say no. We all fell in love with that little girl and to change it would be weird.

I wouldn't mind if they introduced a new character. If it was a boy from the start this whole 'what if' chat wouldn't be happening. Now that I think about it, to talk about this kind of stuff is kind of dopey lol... and I'm too high to do it anymore.

Honestly, I think we will definitely see Clem as the main or second main character in Season 2. Do you really think TTG is finished with Clementine?
  • PeaceSellsButWhosBuyin?;731384 said:

Honestly, I think we will definitely see Clem as the main or second main character in Season 2. Do you really think TTG is finished with Clementine?
    i think playing the protector character for clem has been done and tt wont make a new game based on it again. i do however see a new character protecting his wife or gf.
  • Zeruis;731300 said:
    Imagine an innocent Carl.
    I...... can't.

On the topic at hand, I don't see what gender has to do with protection - you protect kids. Period.
This discussion has been closed.