139 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Siniistar;738755 said:
    so much derp in this thread >.>

*sigh*
    What exactly is a "derp"?

I see all of the "cool kids" using it these days.....
  • DreadMagus;738917 said:
    What exactly is a "derp"?

I see all of the "cool kids" using it these days.....
    derp (i use it a lot)

derp: someone in the act or lack of writing, reading, spelling, "messing up", or being "complete idiot" when doing certain tasks.

this word is sometimes referred to : stupid,silly,annoying, etc.
  • The_Cheshire_Cat;738346 said:
    But for the sake of sanity lets all pretend that Clem is white, you know what happen last time a character was thought to be white actually turned out to be a negro. Hunger Games anyone?
    You beat me to it.

There was quite the poopstorm when Rue (I think that's her name?) turned out to be a cute little black guy instead of a cute little white girl. SPOILER ALERT: she dies, and it's sad either way.
  • TheNNerdGamer;738968 said:
    derp (i use it a lot)

derp: someone in the act or lack of writing, reading, spelling, "messing up", or being "complete idiot" when doing certain tasks.

^that

and to hopefully quell the confusion, sometimes black people have very, verrrry light skinned children. It happens. Black people come in all shades, sometimes veering on borderline white looking(and you don't even have to be "mixed" to look like this either), my mother being a perfect example as she has the same skin tone as clem's mom and is full on black.

As far as the voice goes, that's completely subjective. clem's voice actor is a white woman, however any one can sound a certain way, it just depends on the environment they grow up in. I know plenty of black people that sound "white" i guess, myself included, and its solely because the people they were around most of their just sounded that way. That'd be like wondering why a country sounding person has that particular accent. maybe its because that's the way their family sounded?

i really shouldn't even have to explain this -_-
  • TheNNerdGamer;738968 said:
    derp (i use it a lot)

Ah ok, everything makes sense now.

Thank you, I was genuinely curious about this. Seen it a lot on this board and others and had zero idea what the hell it meant. :D
  • Played the game again last night, and saw the family photo, there is no way in hell her mother is asian. She looks like she is of a mixed race, probably black and white.
  • I thought she had a little bit of asian in her blood, but I noticed her dad and mom were black so it puzzled me as to what Clementine was for a while.
  • Her mother was asian and her dad "urban". *chuckles*

I am pretty sure and nothing but the dev. can make my think something else!
  • Eric Northman;738886 said:
    Her mom doesn't look asian.
    Not at all. I'm positive she isn't.

If there's a slim chance I'm wrong, Diane is the most African-American looking Asian I've ever seen. :confused:
  • Asia is like... fucking big.
This discussion has been closed.