User Avatar Image

Vernon... What the fuck?

posted by Luizao876 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users
Something I never understood in Episode 5 is how's Vernon's group stole the boat.

As far as I know, they didn't have any car to move it. And I'm sure they couldn't move it with their own bare hands.

Something I love about him that he thought getting a boat and go to the sea wasn't a good idea, but he stole it anyway. I mean, I understand wanting to getting out of Savannah, but screwing Lee and everybody up, is too much hypocrisy.
27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • This kind of thing is what we call bad writing, a very prominent feature of Episode 5.
  • He was a very good actor, methinks.
    He was planning to steal it the moment he met Lee, I'm sure.
    There's even some hints of his true intentions at ep 4 when he mentions the railroad then says nevermind.If he'd cared about Lee's group back then he would have told them about the horde coming into Savannah when he saw it,which would have definitely prompted Lee and buddies to immediately board the boat, thus ruining his plan of taking it for himself.
  • It was worth it simply for the fact that Kenny got his ass kicked by a bunch of Cancer patients. (IMG)
  • Pride;731455 said:
    He was a very good actor, methinks.
    He was planning to steal it the moment he met Lee, I'm sure.
    There's even some hints of his true intentions at ep 4 when he mentions the railroad then says nevermind.If he'd cared about Lee's group back then he would have told them about the horde coming into Savannah when he saw it,which would have definitely prompted Lee and buddies to immediately board the boat, thus ruining his plan of taking it for himself.
    It finally made sense why he didn't tell us about the zombies.
  • Well Crawford was deserted. So I'm sure they could have found a working car. they also had to carry around the food and supplies they had.
  • Hell, Episode 4 proved there were working cars... I don't see a problem with them finding a vehicle, driving to the mansion, and then hooking up to the boat and heading out.
  • DreadMagus;731501 said:
    Hell, Episode 4 proved there were working cars... I don't see a problem with them finding a vehicle, driving to the mansion, and then hooking up to the boat and heading out.
    Indeed, did Molly not say Crawford had been scavenging everything they could off Savannah? Surely now that Vernon and buddies knew Crawford was gone they could have easily found a working vehicle there.
  • Plus they'd have been far more familiar with the layout. Seeing as they used to be residents.
  • Cerrano;731458 said:
    It was worth it simply for the fact that Kenny got his ass kicked by a bunch of Cancer patients. (IMG)
    I had Kenny come with me and Ben stay back. Ben didn't do shit though and basically just let them take it haha
  • My guess: They drove the boat on the road. :D
This discussion has been closed.