User Avatar Image

Monkey Island! Bring It Back!

posted by The Flash BANNED on - last edited - Viewed by 2K users
BRING BACK A FIFTTH INSTALLMENT OF MONKEY ISLAND PLEASEEEEEEEEE. :eek:

omg i miss that game so much, grew up with it since the secret of MI. and never used a walthrough site once. i love the puzzzzzzzzles. grew up with that whole lucasart adventure genre , all except the indiana jones. eff lucas art for killing my dreams and im sure a thousand more. asses, but now we have telltalegames. and hopefully they'll do us all a favor and BRING BACK MONKEY ISLAND PLEASEEEEEEEE! in non episodic sequences of course <3 have a happy new years guys :cool:
41 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Agree with all of u give us our Monkey island game back it was one of the most skillfullgame.
  • Couple semi-related notes:

1. I picked up a copy of the PS2 version of Escape from Monkey Island, after playing the first 3 games. I don't want to start a flame war (or invite spoilers; I'm still in Act I) but I have to say, I'm enjoying it so far.

2. For the past few days, Ron Gilbert has been doing some kind of countdown on his blog. Tomorrow we'll find out what it's about. Probably not anything Monkey Island related, but we'll see.
  • I didnt find scape of MI to be bad, though in PC using the keyboard reeeeaaaly sucks.

NOW, the ending is just TEEERRRIBLEEE!!, and "I" personally hated all the Monkey Kombat part. I havent played that game a second time because of this O_o'
  • LuigiHann;49369 said:

2. For the past few days, Ron Gilbert has been doing some kind of countdown on his blog. Tomorrow we'll find out what it's about. Probably not anything Monkey Island related, but we'll see.
    Maybe you soon will be able to play Monkey Island on your toaster?
  • I stopped playing EMI, so hateful of Monkey Kombat as I am. Wouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't RANDOM.
  • So... Ron's countdown is finished.

DeathSpank, huh?
  • Murray the Chao;49433 said:
    I stopped playing EMI, so hateful of Monkey Kombat as I am. Wouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't RANDOM.
    Obviously it's not something that you want to have in a pure adventure game, but I think mixing the combat with adventure elements worked well in the Monkey Island games. Monkey Kombat is not so different from the usual insult sword fighting: even if you remember all the insults and responses, you still have to fight numerous pirates to relearn them, because otherwise they don't appear as dialog options. The only difference is that Monkey Kombat requires you to manually write down the correct sequences because there are too many to remember them.
  • Monkey kombat was badly coded period...., i wrote every fighting stance and its counter stance, but found myself many times using the correct counter stance but loosing the fight O_o, i spent a week trying to figure out why the hell the same stance worked for the computer monkey but not for me and i actually quit the game for several months and was almost to throw it away for good because of frustration.
    Either way after i cooled down I ended trying random stances and a few days later i dont know how i managed to pull that out playing at random. So it was the most disappointing gaming moment EVER, the "creative" mindless guy behind this atrocity should be shot.
    The only difference is that Monkey Kombat requires you to manually write down the correct sequences because there are too many to remember them.
    That was another thing, you had to write them down which was VERY annoying because there where too many and each had like two counter stances, if it was like the original Monkey Island fights i woudnt mind and would have applaud the change, but the way they made it was terribly done.

Same happened with the blind man's monkey machine, How the hell am i supposed to know each icon represents a bunch of letters, there should have been a hint somewhere in the store about it.
Add Comment