Telltale Autumn Sale

What was your opinion on Lilly?

Obviously there's been sides taken ever since the scene in the meat locker.

Comments

  • edited November 2012
    Was with her up until she shot Carly in the face. Felt bad about how Larry died, but doing that made me not have too much sympathy. Double when she stole the RV.
  • edited November 2012
    Before her breakdown?
    - Yeah, she's great.

    After her breakdown?
    - You're just a scared little girl, get the fuck over it.
  • edited November 2012
    Before her breakdown: I've got my problems with her.

    After: "Where's the 'Shoot Lilly' button, I don't care about canon after what she did to Doug!"
  • edited November 2012
    She's a crazy bitch.
  • edited November 2012
    Before her dad's death she was great, but after her dad's death her personality has changed, she became reckless and sad that she hated everything. I think its okay because if you lost someone you love and you care about will you be the same as her?? Don't judge her as crazy bitch.
  • N7.N7.
    edited November 2012
    TheShooter wrote: »
    Before her dad's death she was great, but after her dad's death her personality has changed, she became reckless and sad that she hated everything. I think its okay because if you lost someone you love and you care about will you be the same as her?? Don't judge her as crazy bitch.

    agreed! Yes she was crazy but why she become crazy? ask kenny
  • edited November 2012
    N7. wrote: »
    agreed! Yes she was crazy but why she become crazy? ask kenny

    Because me and Kenny refused to let Larry come back as a walker.

    Then she repays the favor by shooting one of my bros. I hate that woman so much.
  • edited November 2012
    It's not like Kenny *and Lee* enjoyed killing Larry... She knew her dad's condition and should have been more proactive in keeping him calm.

    Carley was with Lilly even longer than Lee was. I think Lilly was crazy, and a bitch for not trusting Carley. It was obvious it was Ben. Really obvious.

    Lilly gets a tiny bit of leeway in a Doug play through, but pulling a gun out on your own group in the middle of the road after they had just been attacked is a good idea how? Oh yeah, crazy bitches don't make good decisions.

    Lilly made them stay at the Motel longer when Kenny wanted to leave. The bandits knew they were there, but still she thought it was a good idea to stay until they hopped the fence and attacked. Yeah, THEN it's a good idea to leave.
  • edited November 2012
    Dildor wrote: »
    It's not like Kenny *and Lee* enjoyed killing Larry... She knew her dad's condition and should have been more proactive in keeping him calm.

    Carley was with Lilly even longer than Lee was. I think Lilly was crazy, and a bitch for not trusting Carley. It was obvious it was Ben. Really obvious.

    Lilly gets a tiny bit of leeway in a Doug play through, but pulling a gun out on your own group in the middle of the road after they had just been attacked is a good idea how? Oh yeah, crazy bitches don't make good decisions.

    Lilly made them stay at the Motel longer when Kenny wanted to leave. The bandits knew they were there, but still she thought it was a good idea to stay until they hopped the fence and attacked. Yeah, THEN it's a good idea to leave.

    There were no bandits, because Ben made a deal with them.
    Plus, who cares what Kenny wants? I will quote Lilly:
    Gambling with your family's life is pretty stupid, if you ask me!
    Will you remind me when was the last time any of them ate after they left the motor inn?
    And how was Savannah not ten times worse than the motor inn?
  • edited November 2012
    I did like her for a while, she was doing her best to try and look after the group but became far too demanding and didn't really listen to anyone. She became bossy and thick headed and wouldn't even consider what others had to say she was just like "Lol you're wrong I'm right" without giving it a second thought.

    I understand she kinda lost it after Larry died but she still had no right to just go around angry at everyone or not listening to them.

    Her suspicions of Ben turned out correct but how she handled the situation was just wrong.
  • edited November 2012
    I had problems with her before her breakdown, but I saw where she was coming from.

    After Carley's death, I wanted to shoot her in the face.
  • edited November 2012
    I'm kind of inbetween. I like her character and the connection to the comics (to me, 'Road to Woodbury' doesn't exist). I thought it was really interesting how the actions I chose in the game (Siding with Kenny and leaving her on the road in anger) could have led her to do what she did in the comics. I kind of love to hate her after what she did to Carley. I always liked to keep the group big but I was so shocked with what she did I pretty much instantly left her behind.

    Edit: In Episode 5 Lee says that he blames himself partly for Carley's death if you choose her as the person you cared about hurt hurt in the conversation with Campman. In my playthrough that was kind of true since his actions pretty much led Lilly to kill Carley. I like Lilly more in this game because of the connection to the comics really, I think it's pretty cool.
  • edited November 2012
    Lilly was bossy and hot headed, and i didn't like how she treated new survivors, so i had a lesser opinion of her to begin with. After Larry died, she just became a wreck. She was paranoid, even more of a controlling tyrant than before, and was practically waiting for someone to get tired of her shenanigans so she could snap. After she commits murder in cold blood, with nothing but psychotic rage and personal hatred to fuel her actions, i was done with her.

    I left Lilly on the side of the road, to face the consequences of her actions, and let her choose her own fate.
  • edited November 2012
    "I have my problems with her," (but) "Yeah, she's great."
  • edited November 2012
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    There were no bandits, because Ben made a deal with them.
    Plus, who cares what Kenny wants? I will quote Lilly:
    Gambling with your family's life is pretty stupid, if you ask me!
    Will you remind me when was the last time any of them ate after they left the motor inn?
    And how was Savannah not ten times worse than the motor inn?

    So what are you saying? Without Ben's deal they would have been attacked even sooner? That even further shows how unsafe it was to stay there.

    Let me quote Kenny: "What about food? What about protection? What about when this place falls?.....(Lilly argues to stay) And when 15 bandits hop over that wall in the middle of the night? What then?" Lilly pushes Lee to find the hidden stash, and then the bandits fuckin' attack them!

    The last time they ate after the motor in? Not including the supplies they gathered.. Lee finds animal crackers and water. Chuck gives people candy...lol.

    Savannah was only 10x worse after Lilly steals the RV and forces them to take the train which brings all the walkers with them.
  • edited November 2012
    Probably one of the best written characters in the game. Terrific voice actress. Really hoped Lee would've had more adventures with her.
  • edited November 2012
    I didn't really mind her and even felt sorry right up to the point before she shot Carely. After that I was like "You're gone. I guess the apple doesn't far from the tree after all"

    It's even worse if you keep her on the RV and she steals it. A real stab in the back to any Lee's who liked Lilly and a true example of what kind of person she is.
  • edited November 2012
    Was against here all the way, but finally understood her...
  • edited November 2012
    Doctanian wrote: »
    Probably one of the best written characters in the game. Terrific voice actress. Really hoped Lee would've had more adventures with her.

    Agreed. Kenny's my bro but I loved Lilly so much, too. It's kind of funny how people hate Lilly but love Kenny... when they're essentially opposite sides of the same coin before the breakdown. And I completely understand why she did what she did, as much as I thought it was wrong, so...
  • edited November 2012
    Doctanian wrote: »
    Probably one of the best written characters in the game. Terrific voice actress. Really hoped Lee would've had more adventures with her.

    I enjoyed all the characters but I think Lilly and Kenny are the ones that interested me the most,I wish Lilly had lasted longer in the game.Since she's the only original survivor(possibly)still out there(excluding Clem) I'd like to see her again one day.
  • edited November 2012
    "Obviously, I have my problems with her."

    Lilly was a great character, and while she DID do a few things right (the rationing and her seperate count of supplies were both smart) she just seemed to be all about control to me. She would never to anything to intentionally hurt the group, and like it's been said before, she and Kenny are pretty much flip sides of the same coin. Staying at the motor inn before the dairy was probably the right choice, but as soon as the group saw Jolene's tape they should have been making preparations to get the hell out of dodge. But Lilly insisted on staying when Macon was running dry on supplies, and the motel had been getting attacked by bandits almost on a regular basis. If they had left sooner, Katjaa, Duck, and Carley/Doug would all be alive. I'm not trying to blame their deaths on her, but staying at the motel is at the least part of the reason those three died.

    She seemed like a total hypocrite at the car though (even though most characters have at least one or two of those moments) when she said not to take the food. She said earlier that Episode, and I quote: "We have to focus on OUR group, OUR needs, right here, right NOW! We are not respnsible for every struggling survivor we come across." Well Lilly, the group you put yourself in charge of is currently starving to death! A week's rations left, and you want to abandon a carload of supplies? Food, water, antibiotics and the like? Since nobody knew Campman and his family were alive, the car's lights were on and it was out of gas it was safe to assume that the owners were dead. Her rant about ruining their lives by taking the supplies was just not her at all, since she advocated leaving 5 people, 2 of them children, to die in the first Episode as well as Ben and David/Travis at the start of 2.

    Other than the stuff in that unnecessary rant, she's ok I guess.
  • edited November 2012
    She scares the shit out of me. She is a paranoid psycho, but before Larry's death, she was ok. I understand why Ben didn't tel the group about the bandits.
  • edited November 2012
    She had guts. I obviously have my problem with her murdering Carley, but she was an awesome character. I wonder how episodes 4 and 5 would be changed if she was still in the group.
  • edited November 2012
    Dildor wrote: »
    Lilly made them stay at the Motel longer when Kenny wanted to leave. The bandits knew they were there, but still she thought it was a good idea to stay until they hopped the fence and attacked. Yeah, THEN it's a good idea to leave.

    That's what I thought too. I wouldn't want to stay at a place where a bunch of A-holes would know where to hit us. I think they should've left the motor inn right after seeing the video Jolene made.
  • edited November 2012
    She reminded me of two females bosses I had in the past: loud, abrasive, ball busters. (thank God I don't have balls!) So I didn't like her from day one, and when she shot Doug, I thought, "That bitch killed my buddy!"
  • edited November 2012
    I have my problems with her
  • edited November 2012
    For the most part I thought she was alright, pretty badass and is attractive. However she had a knack of kind of freaking out, I suppose it's understandable considering the circumstances but still. I will always hold some resentment towards Lilly for what she did to Carley though, shooting her was completely ridiculous.

    Lilly's logic:

    "So like you're eager to see the supplies we get from the city and you called me a bitch... therefore you are not trustworthy and deserve to die."


    So I guess mine is "obviously I have my problems with her."
    YamiRaziel wrote: »
    There were no bandits, because Ben made a deal with them.
    Plus, who cares what Kenny wants? I will quote Lilly:
    Gambling with your family's life is pretty stupid, if you ask me!
    Will you remind me when was the last time any of them ate after they left the motor inn?
    And how was Savannah not ten times worse than the motor inn?
    I agree with Lilly, for the most part. The Travelier Motel was a good setup, easy to defend, beds, far enough from Macon so zombies don't come often but close enough so they can get supplies in and out easily... Unfortunately Macon doesn't have the amount of supplies needed to sustain the group for long and the motel is quite close to two sources of evil: the bandits and the St. Johns.

    Honestly if I were Lilly I would have left right after seeing Jolene's camcorder because at that point staying at the motel became a bigger gamble then going out onto the road for, as mentioned many times in the Walking Dead universe, the living are more of a threat then the dead.
  • edited November 2012
    I think she had more balls than anyone else. Yeah, she went crazy but honestly Carley really provoked her. And in that state, why turn your back on her ESPECIALLY when she had a gun?! I like Carley but she was obviously used to getting what she wanted and very pushy being a reporter and that was kind of a detriment to her survival. The issue of who was giving the supplies had to be dealt with - these issues should have all been dealt with when they came up rather than being dragged out and getting worse.
  • edited November 2012
    ZacTB wrote: »
    Edit: In Episode 5 Lee says that he blames himself partly for Carley's death if you choose her as the person you cared about hurt hurt in the conversation with Campman. In my playthrough that was kind of true since his actions pretty much led Lilly to kill Carley. I like Lilly more in this game because of the connection to the comics really, I think it's pretty cool.

    I never saw that option then again I'm suffering from a save glitch. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.