User Avatar Image

Race in TWD universe

posted by marcu5 on - last edited - Viewed by 5.4K users
the finale was just more evidence that TWD is a racist franchise
271 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • marcu5;742247 said:
    the finale was just more evidence that TWD is a racist franchise
    How?
  • Yes marcu5, please - do elaborate on that statement.
  • Saoralba131;742252 said:
    How?
    Probably because the black guy who replaced T-Dog also died without having an important role in any season :P But there is still ass-kicking Michonne! ^^
  • Sodawasser;742261 said:
    Probably because the black guy who replaced T-Dog also died without having an important role in any season :P But there is still ass-kicking Michonne! ^^
    And now Tyreese!
  • Saoralba131;742252 said:
    How?
    if you have to ask how, you're probably a bigot as well
  • Don't worry, Tyreese will stay for longer than T-Dog 1 & 2. He played a pretty important role in the comics.
  • marcu5;742277 said:
    I just never saw it as racist,I just saw it as someone else got killed.
  • marcu5;742277 said:
    What?
  • OK, I'm gonna intervene here.

marcu5 - If we ask you to explain a statement you've made, that doesn't make people a bigot. It means we didn't understand why you made the statement.

Either explain what you meant with your 'racist franchise' statement or don't respond at all.
  • what's so hard to understand? so far no black guy ever had any importance in the franchise. T-Dog had barely any lines or screentime. Got a little bit better at mid-end S2 but still he never had any important role. then he get's replaced with Oscar (aka T-Dog 2), who also doesn't get any screentime nor lines nor importance. He also dies and now we have black guy #3, Tyreese who will fill the black guy role.

It just seems there can only always be 1 black guy and once another appears they get rid of the former black guy.
This discussion has been closed.