TWD: Stuttering/lag (Disc version)

13»

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike ModeratorTelltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. There may be multiple reasons that the game is being affected this way. Can you please clarify if the PS3 is a Super Slim with a top-mounting disc tray, or the PS3 Slim that has a front disc tray? Are you connected with a strong internet connection to make sure you are downloading any of the latest patches/updates? Also, if you can, please test the disc on another PS3 console. If it works fine on another console, it may be a hard drive or blu-ray player issue with the console itself. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

• I bought the game for my boyfriend's sister. I've played it on the PC myself, but since she's not a PC gamer, I gave her the PS3 version. She's been having "freeze screen" issues, which is bothersome when there are choices or QTEs to go through.

Game version: Walking Dead PS3 (without 400 Days)
    PS3: European, 320GB Slim Model (the one that "swallows" your discs)
    Internet: Kinda crappy (the router is upstairs), but usually never fails. We disconnect our PCs from the net when someone's playing.
    Patches: All done.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike ModeratorTelltale Staff

Minor hitching during and after loading and/or autosaves is normal, but any excessive freezing or lagging is unusual. Just to clarify, are you playing a US disc version on a European console? There shouldn't be an issue, but it may have something to do with a bad internet connection. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

• It's a PAL version on an European console. The game was slightly better on later episodes (she's on episode 4 right now), but it still lags here and there, and not necessarily during loading/autosaves.

As for the internet, she claims it hasn't been failing, but we'll try the game once we're in Lisbon and we can connect it via cable.

This discussion has been closed.