User Avatar Image

Goodbye Jim Ward, Hello LucasArts Game Property?

posted by Hero1 on - last edited - Viewed by 5.5K users
So LucasArts President Jim Ward is gone...

http://www.mixnmojo.com/index.php

If a new president is appointed that has respect for all those great LucasArts licenses..maybe this could open a door for Lucasarts to work with Telltale on making some new games.. There is hope!
28 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • So, franchises, anyone?
  • I think we should focus in new directions instead of poking dead horses.
  • User Avatar Image
    MarkDarin Telltale Staff
    Tester Scott;52118 said:
    I think we should focus in new directions instead of poking dead horses.
    Ohhh.... Thats what that smell is!
  • People clearly want a new monkey island game.. Maybe LucasArts doesn't have the resources or wants to pursue that themselves but they could instead hire telltale to work on a an episodic game series.. Also maybe a new president would release the old lucasarts games on the DS..and re-release the adventure classics on the PC in the US. Under Jim Wards presidency all they cared about was making star wars games so I'm glad to see him gone
  • Hero1;52141 said:
    People clearly want a new monkey island game.. Maybe LucasArts doesn't have the resources or wants to pursue that themselves but they could instead hire telltale to work on a an episodic game series..
    No way, an episodic Monkey Island would ruin it all!!!
    BTW that's great news, I hope LucasArts will follow his previous footsteps and make graphic adventures again. I'm too romantic not to speculate on a glorious return of LucasArts. Ron Gilbert for president!
  • Lets just hope the new president loves their old franchises.
  • evilguy12;52169 said:
    Lets just hope the new president loves their old franchises.
    my fingers are crossed
  • Tester Scott;52118 said:
    I think we should focus in new directions instead of poking dead horses.
    Oooh, pleeeease announce a brand new original IP series! :D
  • User Avatar Image
    EeK
    Hero1;52141 said:
    Also maybe a new president would release the old lucasarts games on the DS..and re-release the adventure classics on the PC in the US. Under Jim Wards presidency all they cared about was making star wars games so I'm glad to see him gone
    They should definitely team up with the guys responsible for ScummVM and release classic games on the DS.

As for a new games, it's gonna be pretty tough with the original team members working on other companies (like Double Fine Productions, Crackpot Entertainment, Autumn Moon and, of course, Telltale Games).
  • jp-30;52207 said:
    Oooh, pleeeease announce a brand new original IP series! :D
    Not before finishing Bone, grrr!

--Erwin
Add Comment