User Avatar Image

What was Lee Everett's sentence?

posted by Crixus on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users
Was he convicted of murder or manslaughter and was he on his way to death row or just normal prison,i don't think the game ever specify's although i could be wrong on that.
38 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • "You're a convicted murderer." - I think it was probably Carley who said that. And other characters at one point. I don't think that Lee had a death sentence, because he was rather... unexcited about the whole ride. As far as we know, he killed the state senator, but despite the position of that person, it's just a single person.

    That guy in Norway killed about 80 people and is still alive and well.
  • JamesDMorgan;763937 said:
    "You're a convicted murderer." - I think it was probably Carley who said that. And other characters at one point. I don't think that Lee had a death sentence, because he was rather... unexcited about the whole ride. As far as we know, he killed the state senator, but despite the position of that person, it's just a single person.

    That guy in Norway killed about 80 people and is still alive and well.
    Norway has no death sentence at all, the US do. That's a whole other thing, he might or might not have gotten the death sentence.
  • You don't get a death sentence in the US for just one murder, especially under the circumstances of Lee's murder.

    He probably got 15 years to life in prison.
  • It depends. Normally he would get convicted for second degree murder but it differs from state to state. Georgia laws apply and there is no such thing as 2nd degree murder.

    He could have gotten anything from Life with parole after min 30 years over Life without parole up to the death penalty.

    I doubt killing your wife's spouse in the heat of finding them in your bedroom would give him the death penalty in Georgia, so most likely he got Life.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_punishments_for_murder_in_the_United_States#Georgia
  • What dubesor said. There's enough mitigating circumstances that a court won't pass a death sentence. There's also a good possibility that Lee could have pled guilty too, so that's another factor.
  • He murdered the son of the senator of the state, I think he was given a life sentence.
  • zev_zev;763998 said:
    He murdered the son of the senator of the state, I think he was given a life sentence.
    No, just the state senator, not the son of him.
  • Robbingrobin;764007 said:
    No, just the state senator, not the son of him.
    Really? Damn, Russian interpreters translated that he murdered the son of a Senator.
  • zev_zev;764012 said:
    Really? Damn, Russian interpreters translated that he murdered the son of a Senator.
    I thought there were no official translations into other languages?.. Interesting.
  • Let's just say the sentence was enough to ruin his life. Even if he got the lowest sentence possible, he is 37 and would be minimum 67 before getting parole - which I doubt he would have gotten but let's just say he did. That means he comes out an old man with a piddly ~8 yrs left to live. (avg US male life expectancy is 75).
    So yea, his life was pretty much over regardless of the specific circumstances.
This discussion has been closed.