User Avatar Image

GOG Sierra Bundles

posted by BagginsKQ on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users
Quest for Glory has finally been released on GOG, all V episodes and both versions of the first QFG.
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/quest_for_glory

This finally explains who maintains the ownership for the series. Activision.

Highly recommended for fans of KQ series is Quest for Glory series. It was an RPG/Adventure hybrid series (last game is pure Action-RPG stripped of most adventure aspects). It had a few nods to the KQ series as easter eggs, and like KQ the game took ideas from both fairy tales and myths from around around the world
65 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It would be nice if they would add the KQ4AGI version at some point! The version with the extra easter eggs. Considering its a bit of a rare and very hard to find version, with slightly different gameplay in places, and one of the last of the AGI games.
  • PQ1 is awesome. Quite possibly the hardest AGI Sierra adventure game (at least to get full points in without a walkthrough), but awesome nonetheless.
  • It's a tossup between PQ1 and Gold Rush... In both you kinda need the manuals/books that came with the games to have any idea what to do. If you make one mistake in completing policies, or getting the right resources you can be punished for it later on in the games.

Maybe only KQ3 requires the most use out of a manual, but its much easier in comparision. Because it basically tells you what to do step by step.
  • Wait, what? Seriously?
  • Gibbeynator;766503 said:
    Wait, what? Seriously?
    Yes!
  • Heh, wow, that's only one of two I'm missing.
  • One of two Sierra packs?
  • Either that or the earlier SCI version of KQ4 which has alternate backgrounds (not as detailed, more like the AGI ones) and green GUI buttons. V1.000.111, to be exact.
  • inm8#2;766512 said:
    One of two Sierra packs?
    The original first games of the Big Five. I'm missing this and the original King's Quest. But since both are now on GOG, I'll grab them during the next sale.
  • Either that or the earlier SCI version of KQ4 which has alternate backgrounds (not as detailed, more like the AGI ones) and green GUI buttons. V1.000.111, to be exact.
    That one is cool too. While some of the artwork looks unfinished, it has some places that look better. Some of the stuff is certainly directly inspired by the appearance of the AGI version. The night and day cycles look way better. Apparently it was installed on an extra disk? So they had artwork for both night and day, rather than just cycling colors?

Still it doesn't have the the cool AGI easter eggs! The pirate easter egg, or the beam me up easter egg! Also the break dancing easter egg?
Add Comment