941 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Toonfreak8 wrote: »
    Is this game an April Fool's prank?

No. Just had poor timing on when to announce.
  • User Avatar Image
    Blind Sniper Moderator
    I made some Poker Night 2 iOS Lockscreen Backgrounds.

http://imgur.com/a/pPv07
  • Who gives a flying tarred elephant if it's Bruce or not, as long as the writing+voice acting is good? Seriously some of you people can be picky about the wrong things. Now multiplayer poker, 'that' is something we should be caring about ^vv^

Hey, some people on this forum are willing to start wars over voice actors.

I'm looking at you, lattsam.
  • User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff
    Toonfreak8 wrote: »
    Is this game an April Fool's prank?

Meta-prank. The joke is it's not a joke.
  • User Avatar Image
    Blind Sniper Moderator
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    No. Just had poor timing on when to announce.

I think that was intentional. The game is so absurd (in a good way) that the April Fools Day reveal would fit the nature of the game.
  • Who gives a flying tarred elephant if it's Bruce or not, as long as the writing+voice acting is good? Seriously some of you people can be picky about the wrong things. Now multiplayer poker, 'that' is something we should be caring about ^vv^

It's just the fact that Ash, the character, is so strongly tied to Bruce Campbell that it's impossible for most Deadites to imagine him as anyone else. On top of that, Bruce Campbell isn't particularly hard to get a hold of (he actually prefers small low-budget projects over big-name ones) and has voiced Ash in video games in the past.

To be fair, though, I'm holding judgment until the voice actor's identity is made official. For all we know it is Bruce and he just sounds different because it's been a while/Telltale messed with the pitch. Remember, people thought the Heavy had a new voice actor in the first game too.
  • I think that was intentional. The game is so absurd (in a good way) that the April Fools Day reveal would fit the nature of the game.

That might have worked for the first game, but this being a sequel makes it too believable. i think the April Fools bit was how it looked like something Walking Dead related at the beginning of the trailer.
  • Hey, some people on this forum are willing to start wars over voice actors.

I'm looking at you, lattsam.

Well, in that case... I'm calling you out, SHODANFreeman!
  • I've been hoping someone would give an official yay or nay on this, but I'll just throw out the question again and direct it at Puzzlebox:
    Will there be any multiplayer at any time, be it on release or in a later update/DLC?

Edit: I'll leave this as my last time asking, cause I'm already happy that the game is gonna be out :3
  • puzzlebox wrote: »
    Meta-prank. The joke is it's not a joke.

The sad thing is, people are STILL dead certain on it possibly being a prank.
Add Comment