User Avatar Image

Would you kill Vernon?

posted by HarjKS on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users
If in Season 2 you had the choice whether or not to murder Vernon would you do it?

I would as he decided not to tell the group about the horde (indirectly causing Ben, Kenny, Lee's and possibly Christa, Omids and Mollys deaths). He stole the boat, and he was just a d*** in general even considering to kill Lee when they had just met.

But would you kill him or let him live?
87 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I would string him up, and let him reanimate, and leave him hanging there forever.
  • If Vernon's not with them, he's probably dead. At least we'll get to learn what happened to the boat, and Vernon, after they screwed us over.
  • User Avatar Image
    mz3
    did vernon steal the boat?
  • Rock114;789217 said:
    What Vernon did was straght up selfish. The only thing that made him and his group different from the Save-Lots bandits was that they didn't bother to kill the people who were left to guard the boat. They KNEW that we were going to use it. That we were planning to do so in a day or two. They knowingly left a 9 year old child, her caretaker, and 2-3 other people to die in Savannah while they saved their own sick rear-ends. The fact that they didn;t even bother to tell us about the herd coming in makes it that much worse, especially since they stole it AFTER Vernon pretended to care about Clementine.

Stealing from the station wagon is totally differnt. Hell, nobody even knew it really WAS stealing. We all thought it was abandoned, and not only that, but it was either take the supplies or slowly die of starvation.
    Well said bro, well said. I would kill Vernon if I ever caught sight of him. I would bunch him in the face and then in the stomach to wind him then I would sweep his legs from underneath him and then I would stab him in the chest several times and let his blood splatter on my clothes and then I'd plunge my hand into his chest, rip out his organs and then ram them down his throat and then let him reanimate so I killed him all over again. I have planned this out and I will make him suffer like Lee suffered and I will let him die like the piece of sh*t that he is. He is one of the reason Kenny and Ben died and the group could have been safe out on the water but he stole the boat meaning he deserves everything he gets. I hope he dies in the most painful way possible and when he begs me for mercy I will say "F*** you, you piece of sh*t!" And I will regret nothing I will feel no remorse because he deserves everything he gets. F*** you Vernon f*** you! I felt sorry for him when he told me about the cancer group because one of my family died of cancer. I trusted him, I didn't threaten or lie to him but he betrayed me! He will be nothing but a mangled bloody corpse by the time I'm finished with him.
  • I can't wait to see Vernon,and his fate :D who knows? he might of ditched the cancer group and gone it alone?
  • Rock114;802813 said:
    If Vernon's not with them, he's probably dead.
    True thoughts.
  • zev_zev;802853 said:
    True thoughts.
    Assuming we're seeing them after the boat stealing and not before of course. He could also have abandoned them.

Anyway would i kill Vernon? Not sure. I can understand some of his reasons for taking the boat (we did lead about 1000 walkers to his home...), but he's still basically left us to die. I suspect seeing members of his group in 400 days will clarify my opinion of him.
  • Holy sh*t. I just realised something that is quite scary, for the people who want to kill Vernon we're becoming what we despise. Think about it, we all at one point had a certain disliking for a certain Stranger on a 'walkie-talkie'.

But they set out to get us because we had stolen or been an accomplice in stealing the supplies from the station wagon. Something they needed. Now why weren't they at the station wagon? They were searching for Adam (Strangers Son) someone whom they care about.

Now let's get to the boat. We need the boat in order to get away from Savannah to survive. We needed it. We weren't at the boat because we were searching for Clementine someone who we care about.

However whilst the Stranger wanted revenge on Lee, it ended with his demise. So can our revenge on Vernon end in the same way? The point is we've become what we hate, we've pretty much become The Stranger. Wanting to blame our loss on other people and doing whatever we can to make sure they die.

Geez, I only just realised this and it's quite frightening but props to Telltale for this clever writing (If this was intentional, that is). I'm confused whether to kill Vernon now...
  • HarjKS;802871 said:
    Holy sh*t. I just realised something that is quite scary, for the people who want to kill Vernon we're becoming what we despise. Think about it, we all at one point had a certain disliking for a certain Stranger on a 'walkie-talkie'.

But they set out to get us because we had stolen or been an accomplice in stealing the supplies from the station wagon. Something they needed. Now why weren't they at the station wagon? They were searching for Adam (Strangers Son) someone whom they care about.

Now let's get to the boat. We need the boat in order to get away from Savannah to survive. We needed it. We weren't at the boat because we were searching for Clementine someone who we care about.

However whilst the Stranger wanted revenge on Lee, it ended with his demise. So can our revenge on Vernon end in the same way? The point is we've become what we hate, we've pretty much become The Stranger. Wanting to blame our loss on other people and doing whatever we can to make sure they die.

Geez, I only just realised this and it's quite frightening but props to Telltale for this clever writing (If this was intentional, that is). I'm confused whether to kill Vernon now...
    That's not how it is for me! I wanted nothing to do with the station wagon and its supplies, but one man and an 8 year old child can't do much to stop an entire group of armed survivors. It's also different than the boat, because Lee's group had absolutely no idea if the car was being used or if its occupants were even still alive. Vernon KNEW it was ours, and he knew we were planning to use it. In most scenarios he forcefully rips it from our hands. That is miles apart from the strangers car situation.

No sir, the hate for Vernon is totally justified. He consciously stole from other people, he willingly put those peoples lives in danger and he voluntarily left us to die a slow painful death after he used us.

I really, really hate this guy.
  • Mornai;802927 said:
    That's not how it is for me! I wanted nothing to do with the station wagon and its supplies, but one man and an 8 year old child can't do much to stop an entire group of armed survivors. It's also different than the boat, because Lee's group had absolutely no idea if the car was being used or if its occupants were even still alive. Vernon KNEW it was ours, and he knew we were planning to use it. In most scenarios he forcefully rips it from our hands. That is miles apart from the strangers car situation.

No sir, the hate for Vernon is totally justified. He consciously stole from other people, he willingly put those peoples lives in danger and he voluntarily left us to die a slow painful death after he used us.

I really, really hate this guy.
    That's not the point. The point is someone stole something from us, we want it back - We'll get revenge. It's almost the same, whilst I agree it's much more justified to get Vernon, you have to admit that chasing after him is a risk.

Only if I come across him will I kill him, but if the opportunity arises to chase after him, I'll let him go. The walkers can have him.
This discussion has been closed.