User Avatar Image

Sam: Creepy Close-Ups?

posted by Fazz on - last edited - Viewed by 740 users
I'm really sorry about this thread, but it is something that disturbs me a lot, honestly.

Don't you think he looks really creepy?

Creepy like those:

I didn't find the exact screenshot, but when you're on a 1-on-1 battle against Sam, you have those close-ups on his empty eyes and enormous smile that are just quite... disturbing?

Ok, maybe I'm the only one, I don't know. I'm really sorry if this is the case. :o
11 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • He's just intimidating you, don't let him get to ya! ;)
  • HAHA! I never made that connection, but now I can't unsee.

"I can stand the sight of bots
    And look at plent'ful pots
    But technicolored six foot dogs
    Is really too much for me."
  • can I get Sam to kiss me too :3
  • The only close up of Sam that really bugs me is when we are down to the finals and the camera zooms in to his giant feet on the table.
  • I'm quite partial to this close-up I got.

• Nova, that's my favorite tell in the whole game.
  • I always thought that tell was Sam simply falling out of his chair for leaning too far forward, but now it seems like he just leans into it outright - it's kind of weird-looking to me now, but still characterful.
  • I love all of his little dog-like behavioral tics - dropping his chin onto the table, growling, etc. It's sort of like the panting/peanut butter licking in TDP. Just neat little details c:

Also all of the dog questions. SO MANY DOG QUESTIONS. Poor Sam.
  • Magic Emperor;790646 said:
    Nova, that's my favorite tell in the whole game.
    I have so much trouble interpreting those tells. Ash for example, may seem really upset in an obvious way, but he does have a very good hand. So I basically try to think that when the players seem angry or disappointed, they pretend to have a bad hand only to lure us into playing. But then, I don't know any "tell" because if bad equals good and good equals bad, those gestures are always controlled and not unconscious.

Therefore I'm very lost. :D
  • Fazz;792188 said:
    I have so much trouble interpreting those tells. Ash for example, may seem really upset in an obvious way, but he does have a very good hand. So I basically try to think that when the players seem angry or disappointed, they pretend to have a bad hand only to lure us into playing. But then, I don't know any "tell" because if bad equals good and good equals bad, those gestures are always controlled and not unconscious.

Therefore I'm very lost. :D
    Those bastards! >8(
Add Comment