User Avatar Image

WHY would anyone cut off their arm? (ep 5)

posted by Natsumi on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users
I know we can't always apply real-world logic to video game situations, but let's look at what we know of the game's universe.

-you become a walker when you die
-cut off your own arm surrounded by people with no medical training and high chance of death
-your fate is sealed from the end of episode 4, so why would you choose something that would hasten your death and make you a danger to your companions?
-open wound = huge blood loss = surrounded by decaying corpses = infection = DEATH
-Lee's been walking around after the bite for at least a few hours. There's something called circulation, so the walker virus is all over his bloodstream already.
-it takes about a day for people to turn , so I thought it'd make more sense not to cripple myself too badly or I wouldn't be much of a help to Clem.
-remember episode 2 if you chose to chop Ben's teacher's leg off?

I don't know about the current statistics, but when I played ep 5 I was really surprised so a many people chose to cut the arm off when it just makes things worse...
25 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Natsumi;794402 said:
    I know we can't always apply real-world logic to video game situations, but let's look at what we know of the game's universe.

-you become a walker when you die
    -cut off your own arm surrounded by people with no medical training and high chance of death
    -your fate is sealed from the end of episode 4, so why would you choose something that would hasten your death and make you a danger to your companions?
    -open wound = huge blood loss = surrounded by decaying corpses = infection = DEATH
    -Lee's been walking around after the bite for at least a few hours. There's something called circulation, so the walker virus is all over his bloodstream already.
    -it takes about a day for people to turn , so I thought it'd make more sense not to cripple myself too badly or I wouldn't be much of a help to Clem.
    -remember episode 2 if you chose to chop Ben's teacher's leg off?

I don't know about the current statistics, but when I played ep 5 I was really surprised so a many people chose to cut the arm off when it just makes things worse...
    Just two words dude: read comics.
  • I'm sure that at that moment, most people thought they could save Lee or at least make him live a little longer by cutting his arm off.
  • I was pretty sure I was going to die, but there was a small chance I would live, so that's my reasoning.
  • zev_zev;794405 said:
    Just two words dude: read comics.
    I didn't know there was a comics series. What happens?
  • I'm not going to spoil it, but someone gets bit, they cut of the limb and that person lives, that is why I and many others did the same.
  • Natsumi;794413 said:
    I didn't know there was a comics series. What happens?
    Well, based on the comic books I can conclude that if in the first minutes after the bite cut off the limb which was bitten, then there is a approximately 30% chance that the person will survive. That's why I did it. Plus the most people was waiting episode 5, mounth or more, and their hopes rised up day after day. Same like mine.
  • I would say maybe even under a minute, but that is about the right time frame.
  • ^ For continue of my thought, I think, that everybody will support me, if I say that: this game you must play with a large pauses between episodes, pauses makes emotions and dramatical effect more powerfully.
  • I agree whole hearty, It does make it a better game overall.
  • User Avatar Image
    N7.
    Because it does make him a hero, Who going to save Clem just with one hand!
This discussion has been closed.