72 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Shadowknight1;795851 said:
    I was thinking that Back to the Future and Jurassic Park were pretty close together.
    BttF and JP were supposed to have an overlapping release, but then Jurassic Park got pushed back.
  • As far as I remember the only overlap with different series was with Tales of Monkey Island and Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventure (with the first episode of ToMI coming out before the last episode of W&G).

As for this:
    ryannumber1gamer;795852 said:
    I don't really know if this is the best idea for TTG. With TWD a lot of people joined the forums just to moan and complain about the dates episodes came out where it got as bad as wanting Episode 4 when Episode 3 had only been out around 3 weeks. Then there was the assholes who wanted to spoil episodes for everyone by making fake threads with just spoilers in them. I just feel if TTG did this, there may be more of that bs where people just moan and complain about when Episodes come out.
    people will moan regardless.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    As far as I remember - and it is a very vivid memory, as it was indeed just two days ago - the RPS article Mojo draws on was already discussed here.

Unfortunately, neither Mojo nor the Telltale community seems to actually have read said article. The latter might have to do with Mojo linking to the wrong part of the interview, heh. What Bruner says there is:
    RPS: Are seasons of Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead going to run concurrently, or will it be one and the other alternating?

Bruner: We’re not announcing any release dates for anything other than Fables right now, but certainly we’re gearing up to have multiple games or shows running simultaneously. We’ll have an episode of one thing coming out at the same time as an episode of another thing, which we’ve never done before. We’re definitely getting prepared for that.

You talked about the technical problems. One of the things that we want to make sure of is that, before we get two games going simultaneously, we get one game going without people having saved game problems and technical issues like that. That’s our immediate goal, to get Fables out there, get it clean, feel confident that if we have two of these things going simultaneously, we have the bandwidth to support it properly. We feel pretty confident that we’re there, but the proof’s in the pudding. We’ll have to wait until Fables launches.
    "Gearing up to" being the most important thing here. That doesn't sound like "tomorrow". This was always meant to be how Telltale works, and in seven years' time Telltale has never managed to do it. Never, I said? Never, Bruner said? At least the last episode of Wallace & Gromit and the first Tales episode beg to differ. It was announced & attempted once again with Jurassic Park during Back to the Future's run. You all know that failed.

To sum up:
    • That is not 'news'. And it's not "bam". :o
    • It isn't an announcement about the immediate future.
    • The tidbit comes with a whole lot of reservations.
    • We've seen at least one successful and one failed attempt at concurrent releases.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Oops, yes I did link to the wrong part of the article in my Mojo post. Thanks for pointing that out. I've fixed it now. :)

It seems you're overlooking an important part of that quote too. It seems that this is indeed happening soon. Note the end of that quote you posted: "We feel pretty confident that we’re there, but the proof’s in the pudding. We’ll have to wait until Fables launches."

They have the staff and bandwidth ready to launch multiple titles at the same time now. They just want to make sure that they're able to launch Fables smoothly before they start releasing multiple seasons at once.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    OOoooops, sorry. I keep forgetting that you're a Mojoist. ;)

Still, again: I don't think they're there. The proof might be in the pudding, but it's pudding with a lot of starch. :p
  • That's the best kind of pudding.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    flesk;796003 said:
    That's the best kind of pudding.
    Not if you bite on the hard release date pebbles in the middle. :D
  • The real news here is that Telltale is working on something that isn't The Wolf Among Us or Walking Dead Season 2.
  • Gibbeynator;796028 said:
    The real news here is that Telltale is working on something that isn't The Wolf Among Us or Walking Dead Season 2.
    Yes. So it might be something good.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    der_ketzer;796032 said:
    Yes. So it might be something good.
    Back to the Fu I mean, it's obviously not the franchise which makes a good game.
Add Comment