User Avatar Image

The Xbox One

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 13.5K users
Little surprised no-one's talking about the XBox One, which was officially announced today.

And has a stupid name.

Really, there's a lot we could say about this console, but I'll just bullet-point the best bits.

- It's called the XBox One. Even though it's actually the third. *sigh*
- The controller is extremely similar to the 360s, with a better D-Pad and higher Home button.
- It comes with an updated Kinect... that the console WILL NOT FUCTION WITHOUT.
- It won't be backwards compatible. With anything. 360 games, XBLA games, nothing. *facepalm*
- Playing a used game? You'll be charged a fee to do so.

In short - fail. The used games thing is perhaps the biggest kick in the teeth, and it's going to ruin this console.

EDIT: Oh, you're all talking about it in the "Whatever's On Your Mind" thread. Well, whatever.
687 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Milosuperspesh;801797 said:
    the queen / royal family sure hope so
    They can just go to Canada if something happened to England.
  • coolsome;801800 said:
    They can just go to Canada if something happened to England.
    There are still a lot of old folks here who eat that shit up, for sure. Just stay away from me.
  • Know what Microsoft. I hope you fail and I hope you fail hard. You basically say hey we are too lazy to have an offline mode on it so ether move somewhere where you can get a better connection or buy our Xbox 360. Do you guys really think that doing this to your fans and then saying go buy the 360 for an offline mode? No if they are smart they will buy a PS4 because its cheaper than the heap of crap called XBone. It has better feature and its a next gen console which has offline and let's you play pre-owned games.

On another note, Microsoft must be blind. They think that gamers are going to like being forced to be online 24 hours or their console won't work? No no no it is not a good choice. It's the most stupid choice you can pick. What happened when Sim City had this? Game didn't work. Diablo 3? Error 47 due to always online.

Hey Microsoft when Sony kicks your rip off asses Guess what you can. #Dealwithit. Because XBone is a load of shit.
  • I'm glad that the PS4 won't have the DRM crap that Xbone has, but what of online passes now? Publishers still have the right to use DRM on the PS4, just not something Sony provides/the publishers have to create it themselves.

What is preventing publishers from just making the game have this DRM on the PS4 for the games themselves?
  • Public backlash. Otherwise, nothing.

And god fucking dammit, Dead Rising 3 is doing a Resident Evil 6.
  • Darth Marsden;802049 said:
    Public backlash. Otherwise, nothing.

Well that's one less reason to buy an Xbox One, I should thank Capcom for that :D
  • Darth Marsden;802049 said:
    Public backlash. Otherwise, nothing.

it's ridiculous to try and copy call of duty's aesthetic style and tone, because that isn't what makes it popular anyway it's the online game that made call of duty the success it is (although for me it was the single player that i enjoyed) and that multiplayer is so popular because it give positive reinforcement for basically everything you do (even dying) essentially call of duty is just saying "you're such a good boy" every 5 seconds and that is kind of hard to resist for most people.

"serious" and "realistic" just isn't what call of duty is about
  • thestalkinghead;802054 said:
    "you're such a good boy"
    sounds like something you'd say to a dog ;)
  • Milosuperspesh;802056 said:
    sounds like something you'd say to a dog ;)
    well it's hardly a sophisticated psychological tactic so i gave it the appropriate tone :)
Add Comment