User Avatar Image

The Xbox One

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 13.1K users
Little surprised no-one's talking about the XBox One, which was officially announced today.

And has a stupid name.

Really, there's a lot we could say about this console, but I'll just bullet-point the best bits.

- It's called the XBox One. Even though it's actually the third. *sigh*
- The controller is extremely similar to the 360s, with a better D-Pad and higher Home button.
- It comes with an updated Kinect... that the console WILL NOT FUCTION WITHOUT.
- It won't be backwards compatible. With anything. 360 games, XBLA games, nothing. *facepalm*
- Playing a used game? You'll be charged a fee to do so.

In short - fail. The used games thing is perhaps the biggest kick in the teeth, and it's going to ruin this console.

EDIT: Oh, you're all talking about it in the "Whatever's On Your Mind" thread. Well, whatever.
687 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You know what irks me about XBox and Microsoft... don't tell me what to do with my stuff. I barely have a reason to own an XBox anyway since I've got a great gaming PC rig. Like with my iPad, I realize it's a closed market, but I bought it to do exactly what it does. I don't need to mess with its innards and contents and blah blah. A game console, if I buy a game, a 60 dollar game, I shouldn't need to rent permission to play it on another console. I shouldn't have to pay full price for used games. Plus another thing that occurs to me, if I pay for a used game from a used game store do I have to purchase a full license from Microsoft afterward, so taht I'm actually paying more than a new game?
  • In other news I've updated my purchase of the WiiU to next month, yay.
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator
    I don't get it.
  • DAISHI;796459 said:
    Plus another thing that occurs to me, if I pay for a used game from a used game store do I have to purchase a full license from Microsoft afterward, so taht I'm actually paying more than a new game?
    I'm guessing people/stores just won't bother stocking and selling used XBox One games at all.
  • Vainamoinen;796469 said:
    I don't get it.
  • Features Of The Xbox One
    • Windows XP operating system
    • Will offer new titles in such popular Xbox series as Ace Combat, Kane & Lynch, Crash Time, and Call of Juarez
    • Xbox Hat—Say the words “Xbox Hat” out loud and a large image of a hat will appear on your TV screen
    • 92-Core x500 P2W (G4-Jig system), 2F3 DLX silver frame technology, 2/5/5/MP2s zoomnet capability, Zip control (TV/satellite/laptop), 3.1.8 optical input-output, 34V-876-ZZB, custom 2x cross-memory feedback, DVD
    • Ability to capture live game play, edit it, and send it to your pathetic friends
    • 500 GB of added system memory you can buy separately for more fucking money
    • Color green probably in there somewhere
    • Kinect motion sensor capable of responding to what you consider movement
    • Preloaded with episodes of Get Smart
    • Gumball dispenser
  • I feel a similar future lies in wait for the XBox One:

• A fair amount of Xbox fans are already dismissing the negative comments as "Sony fan boys". It's kind of funny in a way. It's like the new form of religious wars.

I own a PS3 and I used to own an Xbox. I had them both, played them side by side and I chose PS3 because it suited me better. I wouldn't exactly call myself a fanboy for that.
  • Microsoft's Head of Interactive Entertainment Business, Don Mattrick, told The Wall Street Journal:
    "If you're backwards compatible, you're really backwards."

Add Comment