User Avatar Image

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 16.4K users
Well has anyone else played this great point and click series for DS? I recently got the IPad HD Trilogy that came out on the app store and since the game plays a bit like a point and click game I was wondering if anyone else have played the great series. So far I've only gotten to case 5 on the first Phoenix Wright but if i had to pick a favourite for the first game it would ether be Turnabout Sisters or Turnabout Goodbyes. Anyway so what is everyone's thoughts on the series?
72 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ryannumber1gamer;834181 said:
    I want to watch the movie but I'm personally hoping its dubbed into English using the voice actors from Duel Destinies.
    Dual Destinies is going to have voice acting? I heard it would have some voice acting, but not much.
  • Dual Destinies will have voice-acted cutscenes and some voiced game sections, similar to the Layton games and other semi-voiced games... it's pretty common in JRPGs too

I think the odds of a localized release of the Phoenix Wright movie are low, the odds of an English dub are even lower, and the odds of an English dub using the cast from a game that wasn't out when the movie came out are really, really low. But there's no hurry to watch it, I suppose, so you can continue to wait if you want. I'm just happy that the fan subtitles I found were really consistent with the character names from the localized games.
  • On the topic of the Phoenix Wright movie. Has anyone ever seen the Professor Layton movie called The Enternal Diva? I think it was pretty good and it was dubbed with the voice cast we know from the games when it comes out here. This is one of the reasons why it would be nice to get the voice cast for Phoenix Wright to dub the movie :/

I know this might seem a little off topic but i thought i should post this here since Layton is in a crossover with Phoenix and they both have movies that were from Japan.
  • LuigiHann;834293 said:
    Dual Destinies will have voice-acted cutscenes and some voiced game sections, similar to the Layton games and other semi-voiced games... it's pretty common in JRPGs too

I think the odds of a localized release of the Phoenix Wright movie are low, the odds of an English dub are even lower, and the odds of an English dub using the cast from a game that wasn't out when the movie came out are really, really low. But there's no hurry to watch it, I suppose, so you can continue to wait if you want. I'm just happy that the fan subtitles I found were really consistent with the character names from the localized games.
    Actually, the film has been released in Germany, and Australia too, I think. But only in limited quantities.
  • Did I tell you guys about my Phoenix Wright winamp skins? I know nobody uses winamp anymore, but I had an unfinished Apollo Justice one lying around that I was finally inspired to finish, and that got me on enough of a roll to make an Edgeworth one too. Check them out if you feel like it.

image image image image

And download coming soon...

• Winamp? Wow, I have NOT heard that name in a long time... since 2004 or something.
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator
    Those look really nice. WinAmp's still my default music player, so I'll definitely use them once you post the download link. :)
  • I still use Winamp! I just like how it seems to be capable of playing everything. Anyway, now I've just got to pick one of those skins. (Fun Fact™: those pictures are links)
  • Thanks for the positive response! Wasn't sure how these'd be received
    Jennifer;840532 said:
    Those look really nice. WinAmp's still my default music player, so I'll definitely use them once you post the download link. :)
    The first four images are clickable :)

I have other skins, if you like: http://www.winamp.com/user/details/370206
  • Just chipping in to say that I still use WinAmp too.

That is all.
Add Comment